How can I get my Mac to recognize my phone?

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I'm trying to plug my phone into my MacBook Pro via USB cable. I wanted to transfer some photos from my SD card to my computer and I can't find my card reader right now. When I plug in the USB cord it says "Computer cannot read the disk" and then gives me the option to "ignore" or "eject". How can I make this work? I know there has to be a way that's fairly simple because I know there are plenty of people like me who hate all things Apple except their actual computers.

OP
Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Really people? 280 views and not one of you are a Mac user?!?!:icon_evil:

geoff5093

Reaction score
Works fine on my Mac. You didn't format it manually on a Windows machine by any chance did you? Try mounting the SD card using Clockwork Recovery.

phil1166

Reaction score
When it says ignore or eject, hit ignore. Click on your Mac hard drive and you'll see the phone under the file that says no name. Click on it and you should be able to access your files from your phone.

rbw62

Reaction score
Macs do not reconize anything but Macware, that is the way their creator made them. Lol

valerama

Reaction score
You have absolutely no clue. Macs have been able to read PC-formatted discs for over 10 years, yet PCs still can't read Mac-formatted discs. MS is the company who lives by it's own low standards (IE not being 3WC compliant until Chrome threatened them out the market is a classic example).

Oh, and Macs can run Windows FASTER than a PC. Ha!

Macs do not reconize anything but Macware, that is the way their creator made them. Lol

geoff5093

Reaction score
You have absolutely no clue. Macs have been able to read PC-formatted discs for over 10 years, yet PCs still can't read Mac-formatted discs. MS is the company who lives by it's own low standards (IE not being 3WC compliant until Chrome threatened them out the market is a classic example).

Oh, and Macs can run Windows FASTER than a PC. Ha!
Most likely due to that Mac has a proprietary format and won't license out it's use to others, aka Microsoft. Mac drivers are horrible on Windows too.