SD Card not recognized?

figs

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my Motorola Droid yesterday to replace my Blackberry Curve and am experiencing total culture shock. The Droid came with a 16gb SD card preinstalled. If I plug my phone into my computer via USB, I get the "USB Connected" message on the phone but the card doesn't show up in My Computer in Windows 7.

Yesterday, I tried plugging it into my XP Professional computer at work and the disk showed up in My Computer but when I clicked on it, it said Please Insert a Disk into Drive F. I have no clue how to access this card to put music and photos on it.

Is there something I need to do to get this working? Thanks for any assistance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my Motorola Droid yesterday to replace my Blackberry Curve and am experiencing total culture shock. The Droid came with a 16gb SD card preinstalled. If I plug my phone into my computer via USB, I get the "USB Connected" message on the phone but the card doesn't show up in My Computer in Windows 7.

Yesterday, I tried plugging it into my XP Professional computer at work and the disk showed up in My Computer but when I clicked on it, it said Please Insert a Disk into Drive F. I have no clue how to access this card to put music and photos on it.

Is there something I need to do to get this working? Thanks for any assistance.

I know longer have a PC so I don't know where they are at but I believe I have read that you need to install some drivers in your PC so that the card will show. You may want to google that and see if that helps, or perhaps someone will follow my post with a more direct explanation.