How can I download a movie to my phone?

bamorris2

Reaction score
Is there anyway to download a movie to my Maxx? I'm not not talking about streaming it, but rather download it ahead of time. For example, to watch it while on a plane.

I have Netflix, but I don't know how to do this.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have movies saved on your PC, you could just copy the movie onto your SD card and play it through a video player you downloaded via the market. You won't be able to download Netflix movies.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
You can just use the android market to buy or rent movies to download to your phone.
If you already have the movie, you just need to connect your phone via a USB cable to your computer and enable USB mass storage, then drag and drop the movie into a folder on your phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pinoy_92

Reaction score
you can use motocast to download your own movies from your pc to your phone. its what i use when i dont feel like walking across the room to my computer.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
There is software that you can purchase for your computer that will convert your DVDs to a single file that will play on your phone. I do not know of any legal apps that allows you to download movies.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
There is software that you can purchase for your computer that will convert your DVDs to a single file that will play on your phone. I do not know of any legal apps that allows you to download movies.

The market. The android market. Its a legal app and will allow you to download movies to your phone.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I do not think you can play DRM movies on android, like "digital copy".
At least I have not been able to make it work with the digital copy
movies that come with Blu-rays.

Wopback

Reaction score
The feds seized the most popular one, which is Mega upload.

As far as download instead of streaming, there's a couple apps out there, but I prefer not to get into trouble today.....lol!!!

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I do not think you can play DRM movies on android, like "digital copy".
At least I have not been able to make it work with the digital copy
movies that come with Blu-rays.

BSPlayer Lite works fine for me.

pinoy_92

Reaction score
we are all assuming that he owns the movie already and we are suggesting ways for him to transfer it to his phone. what you are suggesting is for him to download movies that he does not own to his phone and therefore is illegal. so please, just stop posting illegal stuff.

i still think that the best way to go is to convert your dvd to a digital copy using a free software (theres a lot of em). then transfer it to your phone via motocast. you can download your videos using motocast anywhere in the world as long as the server is connected to the internet as well as your phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
i still think that the best way to go is to convert your dvd to a digital copy using a free software (theres a lot of em). then transfer it to your phone via motocast. you can download your videos using motocast anywhere in the world as long as the server is connected to the internet as well as your phone.

And I agree...this is the best way to watch movies u have already seen.

Sent from my Droid Bionic...

Reaction score
Lol you never watch a movie twice? You must have seen a lot of movies in your life.

Yes I have seen a lot of movies in my time.. but I've only rewatched movies if I'm showing others or making others watch it. Lol.

Sent from my Droid Bionic...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread Re-Opened.

You may notice it is quite a bit shorter. Posts were deleted for various reasons from language, to insulting, etc. Before we continue I think it would be important to have the OP come back and clarify what he is asking. And let's be more civil in the future please.

Thank you.