Motocast movies stream better over 4G than my home wifi, WHILE I AM AT HOME ?!?!?!???

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
First let me say, I am really enjoying the Motocast!
installed on the computer and setup on the Razr Maxx,

the streaming of movies (mp4s) that I have ripped is cool!

BUT WHY would the movies stream better over the 4G rather than my N router that connects at 65+ Mbps while IN my house???

the movies shut down several times in my own wifi, but I can watch the whole thing streaming 4G... makes no sense.

Psykho

Reaction score
Have you ran speedtests because I have 50 mbps Internet at my house but I only get like 16 mbps from my phone on wifi and on 4G at my house I get between 15 - 25 mbps on average...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
Have you ran speedtests because I have 50 mbps Internet at my house but I only get like 16 mbps from my phone on wifi and on 4G at my house I get between 15 - 25 mbps on average...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

You are missing the point, my home network is craploads faster than my internet should ever be. ( computer to n router- 100Mbps cabled, Razr wifi connection to router 65 Mbps) conversely (roadrunner 1Mbps upload to internet 15 down to Razr Maxx via 4G)
see my point?

streaming in my house via my own network should be flawless and yet 4g streaming has no interruptions....:blink:

OP
DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
anyone else dealing with streaming disconnects, caching or motocast issues?

i streamed a movie the other day via wifi and connected HDMI to the 40" lcd and the voice was off just slightly to the action in the movie, I was using wifi, switched o 4g and it remained the same.
walked up stairs and copied the 1.4 GB file to my internal memory and plugged the phone back into the TV with no further issues as i was no longer streaming.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Speedtest your network, what he said.. real possible your connection to wifi is being interfered.

I downloaded wifi analyzer (free) and found that my whole neighborhood was using channel 6. Once I set my router to another channel my wifi on the maxx improved.

----posted maxx'ed out----

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed the quality over motocast to hdmi isn't as pretty as just watching on phone. Motocast must be transcoding for phone format and not taking in the consideration of hdmi.

Playing from sd card & Netflix looks great via hdmi.

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
DarthKinetic

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
my speed is 65 mbs at home, i use wifi analyzer already, the files I am streaming are already ripped for digital play on my phone via DVD Catalyst,
so the formatting and size shouldnt be a problem right?