Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
How a powerful camera fits into the GALAXY Note 4

The powerful camera features on the GALAXY Note 4 result in brighter, more stable and vivid high-quality photos.

Introducing the camera

The GALAXY Note 4’s camera comes with powerful hardware available within the space limitations of a smartphone, having to compromise between keeping a slim frame and retaining capability for stable, high-quality photos. With a combination of enhanced hardware and software features, the GALAXY Note 4 now takes brighter, wider selfies and more stable photos. After they are taken, photos and video will also be sharper and more vibrant on the Note 4’s gorgeous Quad HD Super AMOLED display.

Brighter front camera

The selfie experience on the GALAXY Note 4 is now even better with a 3.7 megapixel front camera to match the WQHD display. The front camera also comes with an aperture size of f1.9, letting 60% more light in to let you take brighter photos than Note3. You can fit more people into your selfies with a default 90 degree shooting angle. With the new Wide Selfie mode, you can also take panorama shots up to 120 degrees.

To help with the selfie experience, you can either tap on the HRM sensor on the back of the device or activate voice control to say “smile” or “cheese” to take a selfie more easily.

More stable rear camera

In addition to having 16 megapixels and a 1/2.6” sensor size, the rear camera on the GALAXY Note 4 comes with Smart OIS, or Optical Image Stabilization. OIS is a hardware feature that shifts the camera lens in the opposite direction to offset any movements that occur when taking photos, letting users take clearer photos.

Smart OIS is an addition to the existing Digital Stabilization feature from previous GALAXY smartphone cameras. Digital Stabilization is a software feature that processes the image after it is taken to adjust for hand shaking or other movements. When the exposure time is longer than 1/15 or 1/30 seconds, Smart OIS is activated right away by default, increasing the chance of getting high-quality photos in low light environments.

The combination of Smart OIS and Digital Stabilization means that you can now quickly and easily take stable photos in low light. We have also developed Smart OIS on the GALAXY Note 4 for optimal power consumption.

Did you know?

With GALAXY Note 4, you can record up to UHD (3,840 x 2,160) quality video. 4k video recording capability has been enabled since GALAXY Note 3. And now it supports MHL 3.0 so as to send the 4K videos shot on your GALAXY Note 4 straight to your UHD TV via a cable or MHL-to-HDMI adapter.

So here we have it. Which camera feature on the GALAXY Note 4 are you looking forward to the most?

How a powerful camera fits into the GALAXYNote4The powerful camera features

mcgeeb

Reaction score
Awesome camera. Though I seem to not be able to do burst mode and taking pictures isn't as fast as on the note 2 even when I went down to 8 megapixels.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Awesome camera. Though I seem to not be able to do burst mode and taking pictures isn't as fast as on the note 2 even when I went down to 8 megapixels.

Hold down the shutter button for burst mode. As for the speed of the camera, mine is incredibly fast. Much faster than my Note 2 or Note 3 were (and a bit quicker than my S5).

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

Hold down the shutter button for burst mode. As for the speed of the camera, mine is incredibly fast. Much faster than my Note 2 or Note 3 were (and a bit quicker than my S5).
Yeah. I did burst mode on accident even though I saw that in a video, & the camera is MUCH faster than my s4 was.

Sent from my Note 4

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Doesn't work in auto night mode. I just found out. Haha

Sent from my Note 4
Yeah, that's pretty common. Auto Night Mode will allow the shutter to stay open a bit longer in low light so more light can be pulled in. Burst Mode needs the shutter to be as fast as possible in order to work.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah, that's pretty common. Auto Night Mode will allow the shutter to stay open a bit longer in low light so more light can be pulled in. Burst Mode needs the shutter to be as fast as possible in order to work.
Makes perfect sense. Just figured I'd share that tidbit with everyone. ;)