Hotspot keeps restarting itself

Daethian

Reaction score
I decided to try out the wifi hotspot feature this weekend. Worked perfectly as far as connecting and surfing. However, I shut it down only to find that it continues to restart itself. A battery pull stopped it until overnight and it restarted itself again. Someone on twitter said this was an issue with his Evo or maybe the X I can't remember now.

thenub89

Reaction score
I decided to try out the wifi hotspot feature this weekend. Worked perfectly as far as connecting and surfing. However, I shut it down only to find that it continues to restart itself. A battery pull stopped it until overnight and it restarted itself again. Someone on twitter said this was an issue with his Evo or maybe the X I can't remember now.

save yourself some money. root and use wireless tether

OP
Daethian

Daethian

Reaction score
Thanks for totally missing the point here.

First of all I'm NOT PAYING FOR IT. Its free until May, hence me just testing it out.
I fully intend to root my phone and use the free service. That has NOTHING at all to do with why the hotspot keeps restarting itself. Which indeed will become an issue after May when its no longer free.

imprezu

Reaction score
Thanks for totally missing the point here.

First of all I'm NOT PAYING FOR IT. Its free until May, hence me just testing it out.
I fully intend to root my phone and use the free service. That has NOTHING at all to do with why the hotspot keeps restarting itself. Which indeed will become an issue after May when its no longer free.

I'm having the same exact issue. It will work for a few minutes then the hotspot keeps restarting itself.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Does it have to be a battery pull? Or would a reboot suffice? I reboot mine once a day and I never had an issue with the HotSpot.

Thread has been Thunder struck!!

imprezu

Reaction score
Battery Pulls and Rebooting doesn't help. Once you turn the wifi hotspot back on it will work for a min or two but it will continue to turn itself off and on.