Hopefully soon to be ex-Touch Pro'er

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been using an HTC Touch Pro for a while now and am looking forward to getting my Droid tomorrow morning. I was hoping the iPhone was coming to Verizon but it looks like it isn't so the Droid looks like the Verizon phone to get! :hail:

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! How long have you had your Touch Pro? Have you been happy with it?

OP
Narsil

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had it for nearly a year. My previous phone fell out of my pocket as I jogged across a street and got ran over. It still functioned but was torn to heck and back and in three pieces connected by wires.

I got my T Pro back before Alltel was assimilated by the big red borg and I was more than a little frustrated by functionality that Alltel (and Verizon) blocked out, like the GPS. I could run google maps but unless I paid Alltel $10/month, the GPS wouldn't function even though Alltel claimed they didn't lock it out.

There were some HTC firmware fixes for bugs that I couldn't apply because of Alltel's front end on the phone.

All in all, I've been fairly happy with it but have really had the bug for an iPhone since I got an ipod Touch a couple months ago. I think I'm going to be happy with a Droid however. :)