hook up the optonline email

6footwonder

Reaction score
Hello my fellow droiders, I have the Droid X. I wanted to know if anyone out there has a problem trying to hook up the optonline email to their Droid. I love this gadget, but I have been trying to solve this problem for a month. Can someone please shed some light on this problem. Thank you

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. Sorry you are having an issue. Let's move your post to the X general discussion section in hopes that you will receive feedback.

Mike

Technoman

Reaction score
Hello my fellow droiders, I have the Droid X. I wanted to know if anyone out there has a problem trying to hook up the optonline email to their Droid. I love this gadget, but I have been trying to solve this problem for a month. Can someone please shed some light on this problem. Thank you

Since I have never heard of "optonline email" I am guessing that I probably won't be much help. However, if this service is not either IMAP or POP3, it likely will not be able to be setup with the default email APP.

androidpat

Reaction score
optonline uses POP3 so you need to use the following servers:

for @optonline.net emails use:
Incoming Server: mail.optonline.net
Outgoing Server: mail.optonline.net

for @optimum.net emails use:
Incoming Server: mail.optimum.net
Outgoing Server: mail.optimum.net

authentication is only necessary for incoming mail, and if you are in a different location using WiFi and not 3G, say a college or something, you will need to ask them for their outgoing mail server. hope this helps.

Praxus

Reaction score
The following solved the problem:
  1. Make sure your User Name is just the name before the @ inyour email address - (the Droid default seems to be your entire email address as the User Name.
  2. Both the POP3 & SMTP servers are mail.optonline.net (or mail.optimum.net if you have an optimum.net email address
  3. Make sure you set the outgoing port to Port 587.

lutez

Reaction score
can anyone help how to set Tunome mail (from AOL) accounts on Droidx?

Hi there.
Used to have Blackberry - just changed to Motorola DroidX - Can get my "tunome" mail to work! Those are subsidiary account form AOL. one e-mail is ***@focusedonprofits.com and the second one is ***@ netbusiness.com. Those extension are in lieu of ***@aol.com . but the sevice is provised by AOL. When trying to set up, system asks me for incoming and outgoing servers for accounts, including server name and port for each. Nothing I tried works!
Anybody who knows how to resolve that and get those 2 accounts to work on the Droid?
Used to work on the Blackberry.
Thank you to let me know.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hi there.
Used to have Blackberry - just changed to Motorola DroidX - Can get my "tunome" mail to work! Those are subsidiary account form AOL. one e-mail is ***@focusedonprofits.com and the second one is ***@ netbusiness.com. Those extension are in lieu of ***@aol.com . but the sevice is provised by AOL. When trying to set up, system asks me for incoming and outgoing servers for accounts, including server name and port for each. Nothing I tried works!
Anybody who knows how to resolve that and get those 2 accounts to work on the Droid?
Used to work on the Blackberry.
Thank you to let me know.

Easiest way would be to link them to your GMail account and use Labels instead of using the default Email client. However; if you really want to setup all these seperate inbox's login to the accounts via aol, go to settings and check the pop3 mail servers (should be something like mail.aol.com) and you should be all set. for the username your going to need to use your full email.