Honeycomb SDK "preview" released

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Honeycomb SDK is out in "preview" form but still out.

Android Developers Blog: Android 3.0 Platform Preview and Updated SDK Tools

and booted in the emulator

honeycomb.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Long press on screen....widgets, shortcuts, wallpaper, etc...

Very cool....shows the 5 screens, you drag a widget or app to the screen you want it on...

adb installed Dropbox to the emulator image running, was able to then install the SnkWallpapers app I have in my SnkBitten Rom (app was from cyanogenmod source and edited...credit given in ROM).

Last edited:

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Now that is slick, it looks like a custom rom more less plain android. :icon_eek: Saweeet.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
honeycomb is just for tablets, correct? Or will we see a rom for the D1 at some point?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Love the new clock font and notification style!! I hope someone can port this to the D1 when it is released!!!!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The best version of Android isn't even for phones. I'm glad Matias Duarte said that this is the general direction that Android is going in. You know what else Honeycomb would be great for? In car multimedia systems!

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
The best version of Android isn't even for phones. I'm glad Matias Duarte said that this is the general direction that Android is going in. You know what else Honeycomb would be great for? In car multimedia systems!

If someone can port it and make apps for it, I would definitely put a tab in my car, right in the dash but also removable, and can see all vehicle diagnostics as well as stereo, and pretty much everything else that the internet could enable for this awesome OS.

trumpet444

Reaction score
I can't download the sdk preview either. Can someone please make this file available? Post to megaupload or something? Its obvious some of you have it