Honeycomb on a TouchPad?

DSgamer64

Reaction score
With the massive sale that HP has had on the TouchPad, I picked one up in hopes that I can find a way to put the Honeycomb OS on it, if not then just use it as a general media device. Anyway, I was talking with a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgeable about hacking and rooting hardware and he said that it's technically possible to install Android's Honeycomb 3.0 OS on the HP TouchPad due to the OS supporting the hardware inside. Now the question remains whether or not anyone has actually managed a way to get into the root of the TouchPad yet. I have tried searching to see if anyone has managed to crack the TouchPad and get Honeycomb running instead of WebOS but to no avail have I found anything useful.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thomas Sohmers is working on it via Twitter. He has uploaded the system dump.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm following this as well. If it wasn't for the lack of apps and netflix I'd leave webOS on there. But am anxiously awaiting an Android port.

end of line...

battlemac

Reaction score
Got lucky and ordered one today. Would be even sweeter to dual boot.

Edit: saw a video of it from ZDnet running at stable 1.7ghz on webos and it looks pretty snappy. Would like to know if there is a way to have it run at 1.5ghz, but in a way that its also using less power than stock(like we can with our droids).

Dwyndal

Reaction score
can't wait to see what happens and if android can't port, i'll just use like OP said and use for media, i already gave my dad the nook as it wasn't that great of a device but a fun toy to get started. :palm:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Got lucky and ordered one today. Would be even sweeter to dual boot.

Edit: saw a video of it from ZDnet running at stable 1.7ghz on webos and it looks pretty snappy. Would like to know if there is a way to have it run at 1.5ghz, but in a way that its also using less power than stock(like we can with our droids).

Link?

end of line...

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
CM7 GB is running pretty good on the HP so far, but still has some bugs I believe. Not sure of the status of Honeycomb.

stillwaiting

Reaction score
waking up a dead thread here but i just got one and curious if theres any progress on honycomb

cblambert1645

Reaction score
honeycomb dual boot

A friend of mine just picked a TP the other day & successfully ported Honeycomb to it & its very responsive. I'm keeping my eye out for one myself as this would be a good honeycomb tablet with good hardware for the $$ of the cheap Chinese junk-tabs off ebay
I'll ask him to post his notes here

With the massive sale that HP has had on the TouchPad, I picked one up in hopes that I can find a way to put the Honeycomb OS on it, if not then just use it as a general media device. Anyway, I was talking with a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgeable about hacking and rooting hardware and he said that it's technically possible to install Android's Honeycomb 3.0 OS on the HP TouchPad due to the OS supporting the hardware inside. Now the question remains whether or not anyone has actually managed a way to get into the root of the TouchPad yet. I have tried searching to see if anyone has managed to crack the TouchPad and get Honeycomb running instead of WebOS but to no avail have I found anything useful.