Honestly who has better service... Verizon or AT&T

diverseth

Reaction score
In my personal experience I have found Verizon to be the best followed by Sprint then T mobile and last ATT. Here in South Florida I have had only a few dropped calls or echoing calls in the last three years.
I only left Sprint due to their customer service or lack of. I think for the absolute worst it would have to be Nextel. We had free company phones but I to carry my own due to the numerous dead spots.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There's an option other than VZW?

Not for me....I travel way too much to be stuck with no signal....

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Better 3g coverage: verizon hands down I have rarely had an issue where my phone didn't have atleast 2 bars of 3g.
Phone selections: att and sprint, but verizon is starting to get in the game with the android phones and even the windows phones as of late.
Customer service: if you drop apple from att, I actually have to give it a draw. Because att does a good job of fixing problems and working with issues. Sprint gets an F in my book.
Price: att cost less as far as plans are concerned. I give the edge to att for price, granted you are paying a lil more for better coverage wit verizon. But verizon seems to want to nickel and dime you to death.

Overall: I would go with your coverage area (between att and verizon) because the problem I had with att is I would pay my bill and felt like I was being robbed because I wasn't getting the full service that I expected out of my iphone because of poor 3g. I pay a lil more for verizon but knock on wood I have yet to have a time where I could not use my 3g service.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I had AT&T until about 6 years ago. We always got dropped calls with AT&T. We then switched to Verizon and the dropped calls mostly stopped and I haven't had a single dropped call in over 2 years, except for one store in our local mall.

In addition, we spend about 5 weeks where my wife's mother and sister live. They are both in assisted living and we have to do a lot of stuff for them. Verizon has 3G there, but AT&T doesn't. We often travel to a location that is in the middle of nowhere. AT&T has no service there at all, while Verizon has had high speed there for the past 3 years.

I don't know if AT&T where I live is as bad as it used to be, but I don't intend to ever find out. They don't compare at all to Verizon and I couldn't care less about the iPhone or any other Apple product.

cpjr

Reaction score
In the Atlanta area and most parts of Ga while using both an iphone ATT and the droid I get comparable service.....Verizon budging over ATT slightly....but overall Verizon is still a stronger carrier.

I saw the Consumers Reports thing about coverage and really dont understand how they can put Tmo close to Verizon or put Sprint (who I personally hate) above ATT. Hmmm...

mjs31

Reaction score
Location is key. Verizon is much better in my area for overall coverage, but they also only have 1X having just taken over Alltel. That being said, AT&T claim high speed in my area, but it was pretty sad when I had my Iphone. AT&T is also very limited in distance. They were fine right in my town, but get anywhere outside of it and you are screwed.

zigzags559

Reaction score
Well I had Att, sprint, and t-mobile before I went to Verizon. I did like t-mobile because of their cheap plans and all but service wasn't quite good as verizon. Now, with the droid i love it soo much plus I get full bars in my home here in Fresno,Ca.

rsdroid

Reaction score
I'm a professional musician in Texas and travel ALL over the entire state, plus out of state some. I drive regularly on backroads and highways that are miles from anything remotely close to a city. My traveling partner has ATT, so I get to compare all the time. Here in Texas, it's pretty comparable as far as phone service, there's a few places I have service and she doesn't, and vice-versa, but not many. However, there's times she doesn't have phone service at all and I have 3G!

One time in particular, I was playing a private party in the middle of a large ranch in north west Texas and NO ONE else in the band had service, and I did! We're talking 80 miles to the nearest Walmart! :icon_ devil:

And when I travel out of state, Verizon wins hands down!

rod

Reaction score
pre-katrina in southeast louisiana (not including new orleans), att was formidable. after katrina, its almost as if att gave up on the whole area. theyre notorious down here for horrible connections, dropped calls, buzz-horns in the middle of a convo or just plain no service. every time i call my mother (att), theres a noticeable silent moment every ten seconds or so throughout our convos.

verizon is def better than att in my area. sprint can even boast a better product down here, by far. and anyone with att in southeast louisiana who claims differently is simply ashamed theyve stuck with such a shoddy product for so long with hopes that att would improve. i jumped ship 6 weeks after katrina. in those six weeks, i was able to make exactly ZERO phone calls using my cell phone. text was fine. but no phone calls.

sportadic22

Reaction score
I'm in San Jose, CA 408 area and I have had Verizon for a few years now and I have no issues with them. The costumer service has been great and has helped or fixed any problems I have had. In my Home I have 3 or 4 bars. and around town I think there is only a FEW..Few places that I have NO bars for a small amount of time.

Previously before Verizon I had ATT and My family left simply because we didn't get any service in our own home. For me to make a phone call i would have to leave my room to go to another part of the house till I found enough bars to make a call.
Customer service i found to be below par. They did not seem as nice and helpful to me as Verizon is.
So I left simply because of my location being bad and the customer service not being nice or helpful.
the fight between Verizon and ATT is up to the user it self... and their location of living.
thats what i think at least :)

Dankinia

Reaction score
Verizon all the way. My mother had AT&T for awhile and I was on Verizon. We could be right next to each other and she would have no signal and I would have 4 bars. In addition, AT&T's customer service is horrible.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is this really a thread? its not about which service is better if you can't even get service with one of them 90% of the time. is it just my area? nobody has at&t here, and I'm just outside of atlanta.

Edmvr6

Reaction score
Depends where your located I guess but Verizon hands down