No service at new house

mitchb2

Reaction score
I've lived here for two weeks now. My family arrived last night and we confirmed that all four phones have no service. Zero bars, 1x instead of 3g. Calls stutter and drop.

Based on that, we were able to get Verizon to give us a network extender. No effect. I had really hoped that would solve it.

We all did the *228 thing also.

Verizon says their coverage here is solid.

What else can I do? I don't expect any other carrier to be any better. Anything else I can try?

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've lived here for two weeks now. My family arrived last night and we confirmed that all four phones have no service. Zero bars, 1x instead of 3g. Calls stutter and drop.

Based on that, we were able to get Verizon to give us a network extender. No effect. I had really hoped that would solve it.

We all did the *228 thing also.

Verizon says their coverage here is solid.

What else can I do? I don't expect any other carrier to be any better. Anything else I can try?

I believe the network extender only does cell phone calls... i dont think it does 3g. I could be wrong though (i read up on the extender like a year or two ago...)

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
3g isn't so bad because we still have wifi.
But $180/month and not being able to make or receive calls isn't going to work.

gmmurphy

Reaction score
what base band you have on your phone,

wow i thought the network extender would have worked well. my sister has the att one for her i phone she now getting full signal.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, sorry you have no signal at your house - notice "at your house". If you have service at your house but not "in your house" would be two different issues. If it is a problem at your house, then they can come out and determine if there is a problem with towers in your area. If the problem is that there's no close towers, they have to let you out of your contract because they can't provide service. Also as a former VZW employee and Network Extender user, there is no way it "doesn't work", unless you don't have a high speed modem - then it won't work. It does work for voice calls inside your house and no, it will not give you 3G, however if you have a router, you can get WIFI at your house, which is better than 3G anyway.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are in Verizon covered area, and I'm sure you probably are then call Verizon and tell them that you are not getting a signal. They will send a tech out to check out the towers for you and do a trouble ticket. Whole thing will take about 4 days but it will resolve your issue. If it doesn't, demand that they give you a repeater.

jxker

Reaction score
I live in a neighborhood with spotty coverage....those "dead zone" ads piss me right the frig off

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you are in Verizon covered area, and I'm sure you probably are then call Verizon and tell them that you are not getting a signal. They will send a tech out to check out the towers for you and do a trouble ticket. Whole thing will take about 4 days but it will resolve your issue. If it doesn't, demand that they give you a repeater.
They got him a Network Extender - he said "it doesn't work" which is false unless he doesn't have DSL/CABLE high speed internet. If it "doesn't work" then there's a Network Extender problem.

OP
M

mitchb2

Reaction score
Baseband? I have no idea.

In the house / at the house? Same. Going outside doesn't help.

Network extender is connected to my router which is connected to 12Mbps DSL. All lights are solid blue. All four phones are paperweights.

I already did a ticket with Verizon last Saturday and they said coverage is fine.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Baseband? I have no idea.

In the house / at the house? Same. Going outside doesn't help.

Network extender is connected to my router which is connected to 12Mbps DSL. All lights are solid blue. All four phones are paperweights.

I already did a ticket with Verizon last Saturday and they said coverage is fine.

Maybe you should personally talk to the tech. Just saying, if you show him their is no connectivity while hes their then he will fix the problem.

johnnycool001

Reaction score
I was having the same issue, not quite as bad, I got the network extender. works great. but you don't get the boost to you make or recive a call can have zero bars hit the green button, instance full signal. dail *48. it will tell you if you are on the extenders network