Honestly who has better service... Verizon or AT&T

SkuZz902

Reaction score
So honestly who has better service? With the ad wars going on and verizon dropping (in my opinion) one of the best phones ever... who has better service?

In service im talking about:
*Phone Service (bars)
*3g Service
*3g Speed
*Customer service
*Phone call quality
*Map coverage
*Phone quality

and is there anyway to actually verify the statements each of them make about there service?

I had att for about 2 n a half years and iv had verizon for 2 years and about 80% of people i know have att and iv observed that verizon is superior in all areas. There has been a couple insedents that my friend had service with his iphone and i didn't.. but then again i didnt have my droid!

tony1208

Reaction score
I have had verizon for 4 yrs now and love it ,im in north nj and the servicr rocks. I tried att for 2 days and i hated it ,i couldnt get reception in my own house ffs,t mobile ,sprint wroked but noe att.my gf at the time had att and she went through hell ,dropping ccalls left and right,I would never go back to att again or recomend it to anyone in my area.

Twoo

Reaction score
It really all depends on your location. I had perfect reception with At&t until I moved- then I couldn't even get a signal in my house. I didn't have a single bar. With Verizon I have 2-3 bars in my house, so no complaints here.

_33

Reaction score
In the Philly area AT&T was about as bad as it could be for me. I would have great reception and a mile down the road drop a call. It would drop calls all the time. My boss thought I was just hanging up on him. Texts would come 15 minutes after they were sent. That was with a work issued phone.

I've been with VZW for 8 years now and honestly I don't ever remember dropping a call. I get full bars in my house and the 3G is amazing. I don't even bother using my wifi in the house.

buckweet

Reaction score
I have ATT still with my blackberry bold.. ATT is awful, everytime I want to make a call it takes two attempts, the data is slow anymore and cuts in/out all the time (when using radio apps). My GF has an iphone and has the same experience.. We are in the Columbus, OH area. No issues so far with verizon.

slammed

Reaction score
I have Verizon for personal use and have had no issues with dropped calls or coverage in the Cincy area. On the other hand I have At&t as a work phone and constantly dropping calls.

RosarioM

Reaction score
The problem with AT&T is that even if you are in a major city and have terrific coverage, their network can't handle the load and you end up getting knocked down to Edge (2g).

The only complaint I have with Verizon is that CDMA is very chatty when there's no coverage. So if I am somewhere where there isn't any coverage for an extended period of time, the battery is drained very quickly. Luckily that doesn't happen often with Verizon.

Twoo

Reaction score
REGULAR PHONE COVERAGE

AT&T

att-coverage.gif

Verizon

verizon_nationwide_coverage.jpg

3G COVERAGE

att-verizon-map-coverage.jpg

tripp racioppi

Reaction score
helllo...

i'm new to the droidforum. to stay on thread...i've been with verizon since it was contel...that means bag phones, "bricks", and then Treos...just upgraded to the droid from a centra....bit of a culture shock, but i think i will enjoy it.

the service i get from verizon has always been top notch...i have a number of friends who have been on sprint, at&t, other services...most (who pay for the service themselves) have moved to verizon. main reason is coverage area...

r3

grumpy

Reaction score
Living in the sticks in NH for me Verizon is better. Esp traveling up and down I89

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I have had service with most of them, Sprint, their service sucked, and their customer service was horrible, Had Nextel before Sprint bought them, Same thing, service was good, but not great, AT&T was always spotty. Verizon has always been, hands down the best Provider I have had to date. I travel extensively and very seldom lets me down.

just my 2 cents on the subject. :p

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I've been with them all at one time or another (Cingular, AT&T, Sprint, Nextel, Altel, and now Verizon) and Verizon tops them all in coverage and customer service. My only gripe against them is they've generally lagged a bit on new phones and for a long time they seemed to have something against wi-fi in phones. Now, with the Droid, they've solved both problems :D

rothenbj

Reaction score
Silly question

I had T-Mobile for about 10 years on blackberry phone while my gf had STD ones. I never got reception at my house. Their cs was excellent but you had to be somewhere on their limited map. I own. Home in the remote suburbs north of Philadelphia as well as a second home in SW Virginia. Att had coverage in PA and some in VA but a lot of holes getting between the two. Verizon isn't perfect in VA (town is called Hillsville so you can guess the terrain), but OMG, what an improvement.

I just wish I didn't have to nearly double my bill to get here. Of course I got the Droid and she "needed" the Eris. Oh the data plans. Maybe the house phone can go now....