Home Screen Refreshing Question

SL-1200

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I asked this over in the Hacking Help section but didn't get any response. Here is a copy/paste of my question. Thanks for any input!

Just wondering how, why and possibly what can be done about the home screen refreshing after exiting certain apps. Like if I'm in SetCPU and exit; all my shortcuts, widgets and app drawer will refresh or reset and it takes a second to refresh (they will pop back up individually. Try and also swipe through home screens after exiting, a little choppy for me at least). Any way to reduce how often this happens? I understand that it may be the way the OS refreshes itself so it doesn't lag overall but wondering if it can be controllable. I hope that makes sense, I can surely try to explain in other ways. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about this in a previous thread several months ago. Not positive but I believe the issue was due to having a task killer installed. If you have one, remove it and see if that rectifies the problem.

Mike

jaed569

Reaction score
Taskkiller / Taskpanel is a possibility. I've had the same issue and I think it could also be that there is not enough free RAM to display the icons quickly enough.

I believe that everytime you page back home it re-populates the homescreen but it is usually so quick that you don't notice it.

OP
SL-1200

SL-1200

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys! Yea, I don't run task killers, definitely been there before. Yea it does refresh rather quickly but sometimes it seems like it doesn't refresh but is already loaded when you back out of most apps and then some apps will cause it to completely re-populate.

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive noticed that too, but now Im running jrummys latest kangerade (froyo) and 95% of the time it completely obliterates any lag time on the home screen!

OP
SL-1200

SL-1200

Reaction score
^Nice, yea I reinstalled stock Froyo and it's definitely better. I may have to check out Kangerade. I love Pete's work as well!