Home replacement

prowler85

Reaction score
Does anyone feel this is even necessary? Don't know if I can live with only 5 homescreens. And went to restore my Launcher Pro from TB and it keeps force closing. Anyone get Launcher Pro to work, other home replacement options, or will you all just be sticking with the stock ICS launcher and 5 homescreens??

flyinion

Reaction score
I was going to stick with the ICS launcher for a bit, but I just realized it doesn't auto-rotate (yes it's checked, and apps are behaving correctly). I "think" ADW EX is updated for ICS. I finally caved and switched from LP to it on my OG Droid a few days back when it was 10 cents on the sale.

Reaction score
No I know what you mean. Debating whether or no to use Go Launcher (my fav). First thing I did was get rid of that ridiculous clock. Takes up way too much space plus you all ready have a permanent clock in the notification bar. I'll stick with stick for at least a week see how I like it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ive been using the adw ex paid version for a long time. I thought the stock launcher was neat but i already swithed. I just like being able to have little notifications on the icons when i missed a call or text or email. Plus adding more rows to the homescreens is neat.

Reaction score
I do want more rows as well. I like at least 5.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
i forgot to mentik that adw gives u a settings button next to the window soft key when on the home screen. Thats nice.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have Go and ADW and they both work fine on this phone. I enjoy the stock launcher widget preview thing but in the end, i cant handle the missing ability to go landscape.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Not to mention that when you switch to ADW EX the phone acts normal like we are used to. Meaning you can long press the screen for widgets all all that good stuff. Taking away the learning curve.... Plus I always adjust my screen scroll speeds to 0 so they are fast. The stock ICS screen scroll was too slow for me.

OP
prowler85

prowler85

Reaction score
Yeah, setting up my screens 5 is definitely not enough. Not sure I like the widgets functionality in the apps launcher anyway - I was fine with long pressing to get a widget. Just sucks that Launcher Pro doesn't work - paid for it and have used it for a year, and I loved the 3 scrolling apps launcher bar on the bottom. But no idea if/when it will work with ICS.

So my choices are Go and ADW EX it sounds like. Too bad I didn't buy the .10 ADW a few days ago. :frown: Thought about it but was happy with Launcher Pro at the time. Darn it.

And yes, it is odd you can't go into landscape until you launch an app that works in landscape. It's funny what they did in ICS as far as landscape mode goes.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't, I have it set up pretty much how I had my inc set up with LP+

The only thing I might do is probably put Bobclockd3 back on, not really diggin the stock clock, and yes....I can read it....