[Home Replacement App] Slide Screen is Out!!

qoncept

Reaction score
Google Voice support is a must for me. I like it (at least the idea) but I don't understand why they made the decision to not give you widgets somehow. Why not give it a couple of regular home screens that you can use normally? Swipe to go to a different screen. Seems simple enough.

flicek88

Reaction score
Hands down the best ui I've had on my droid. Fell in love with Home++ since day one, but sometimes it feels clunky. Using this new home app makes the phone feel much faster because all that home screen lag is completely avoided. Plus I can delete seesmic, news rob and still get all that data in a sexy ui. This might be my first app purchase. :icon_ banana:

Thanks for sharing this find! :motdroidhoriz: droid is happy

CDB

Reaction score
It only sync's with one GMail account atm. The developers know this, it's not a bug and the feature for other email accounts will be integrated at some point. Feel free to visit their website and read the Help section. It's the first question listed.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I could deal without widgets and app shortcuts but I would want it to show both of my email accounts and to let me customize the looks a bit with either a wallpaper or skins or colors or something. Either way though it is an amazing start for this replacement.
I bought it too, and wont be returning. I'll probably look at 2.1 when it's released tomorrow, but as far as this home replacement. It has everything I need. Calendar, weather, email, texts, calls all in one location
lol good luck with that

bamfsig45

Reaction score
yea I definitely would like to customize the colors, and order of things.

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting a lot of Force Closes as I am? I really want to use it as my default homescreen but for some reason I'm getting quite a few Force Closes when I'm multi-tasking.

RadYOacTiVe

Reaction score
I would like to try but will wait when it can sync with more than just GMAIL.

It only sync's with one GMail account atm. The developers know this, it's not a bug and the feature for other email accounts will be integrated at some point. Feel free to visit their website and read the Help section. It's the first question listed.

Newton122189

Reaction score
the application is new, they seem to be the kind of developers that will push out lots of updates, i paid the $6.99 and so far worth every penny, im sure they are going to add lots more functionality and customization as they go, as a matter of fact i just applied the newest update as i was writing this (version 1.0.2) and since they already have 500-1000 downloads thats a few thousand in the bank which should mean they have more money to add to development, needless to say im excited for the future of this app, its going to be one of the premiere home replacement apps

ipawd1

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what exactly the update is though...

Newton122189

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what exactly the update is though...

since they didnt say anything outright im 99.9% sure its just bug fixes, some people where having issues with force closes and the search button not working on the home screen, i didnt have issues with either but that kind of stuff would be my guess as to what the update was about

Zodduska

Reaction score
I really like the look of this and snapped up the full version right away. after a few hours though I realized it severely gimps the android experience.. it's as if they think a suitable replacement for home screens is a notification panel, well it's not. The tweet excerpts are stupid, I don't want to have to expand a tweet to read the whole thing, same for feed headlines. Twidroid and feedr notifications dominate all over Slide screen. while the gray on black theme looks slick it is to dark to be suitable since itexacerbates smudges, reflections and requires a higher brightness to be readable. Cool idea but refunded.

Newton122189

Reaction score
I really like the look of this and snapped up the full version right away. after a few hours though I realized it severely gimps the android experience.. it's as if they think a suitable replacement for home screens is a notification panel, well it's not. The tweet excerpts are stupid, I don't want to have to expand a tweet to read the whole thing, same for feed headlines. Twidroid and feedr notifications dominate all over Slide screen. while the gray on black theme looks slick it is to dark to be suitable since itexacerbates smudges, reflections and requires a higher brightness to be readable. Cool idea but refunded.

i think this app truly depends on what your main uses are on your phone, i can get 90% of what i need from the home screen of slide screen... email, text, phone calls, twitter, rss, calendar, aside from the browser(which i can actually get to from rss and twitter) and the marketplace thats almost all of what i use, i can see how it would appear to limit the android experience but i think it just simplifies it, makes it easier to see whats going on all in one place, they are planning on adding support for facebook and gtalk, as well as other services im sure, give it some time and it will be worth the $6.99 to everyone

brochaos

Reaction score
i'm loving it so far as well. i don't use regular email accounts or anything else either. this basically covers all the main things i do (except GV and FB). i love teh darkness of it and the colors. i think it looks stunning.

i agree about the tweets though. no reason they can't fit 140 chars on one line.

flicek88

Reaction score
This is for people who initially think android is too complicated and miss the simplicity of other phone UIs. For people who love to tweak and play with settings this is not for you.

Its simple and smart.

1+

jimnutt

Reaction score
I tried it for about 6 hours before I gave up on it. It hides too many things and wastes too much space on the home screen. It would be better if it hide items with nothing in them. It also needs widget support (another page maybe?) and more customization.