[Home Replacement App] Slide Screen is Out!!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't seen anything posted on Slide Screen here yet. It's another Home Replacement app that really "re-thinks" the way our Home Screen functions and is very "user Data" based. I think it's really interesting in it's approach and I'm liking it a lot. The cool thing about it is that you can set it as your Home Replacement, or if you're attached to a home replacement already you can still access it via "application mode" and functions just like an app. Really nice I think you all should give it a try. The Pro version's price is a little much so I'll use it for a bit before buying. It's from the creators of Retro Defense so it's very professionally done.

Slide Screen by Larva Labs

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Jon you've done it again: )

Good find. I'd like to know how it runs after a few days up and running.

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jon you've done it again: )

Good find. I'd like to know how it runs after a few days up and running.

I'll update again after a few days, so far I've only gotten 2 force closes right after installing. I haven't gotten any after that, works really smooth too.

Million

Reaction score
Just installed...its hella nice but waay different, takes getting used to... I might keep it! :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the Android OS layout....
All of the other home replacements seem to keep with that idea... just customizations on top... Slide Screen looks to take away the entire GUI of the stock OS...

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the Android OS layout....
All of the other home replacements seem to keep with that idea... just customizations on top... Slide Screen looks to take away the entire GUI of the stock OS...

I installed this last week. Big change in home screen. Did its job. But I went back to Home++

Yeah, I know how you feel about liking the Android Homescreens, I like them too. I like that you don't have to set this as your default homescreen it will function like a normal app in "app mode" as well. So you can basically just launch it from the stock homescreen and use it as an app. I think it's a pretty neat aggregator for a lot of your data, in one app.

cbux5000

Reaction score
@Nedaroth
You can download it from the Market. Just search for Slide Screen.

I've been playing around with this for a few minutes and I really like what I've seen so far. It's different...but it does just about everything I'd need it to. And the interface is freaking gorgeous.

OP
JonKyu

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
download link does not work, any ideas anyone!!!

Are you trying to download it via computer browser? If so it won't work, navigate to the site using your phone as it links to the app in the Market place.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
seems a but too complicated I like having my information all up in my face but this seems rediculous lol any other impressions?

Thanks OP though

Nedaroth

Reaction score
@Nedaroth
You can download it from the Market. Just search for Slide Screen.

I've been playing around with this for a few minutes and I really like what I've seen so far. It's different...but it does just about everything I'd need it to. And the interface is freaking gorgeous.

thanks cbux , got it working and i like it.:)