Holsters

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
someone from this site sent them an email and the responce he got from them was there are currently no plans to manufacture a case for the droid but that can change at anytime depending on the popularity of the device.

so from that and seeing how this device is selling i would imagine that it would be smart on their part to bring one out. I used to work in marketing and if they dont even have a design or anything done it will take a good 6 months to get a product out to the customer.

webby

Reaction score
someone from this site sent them an email and the responce he got from them was there are currently no plans to manufacture a case for the droid but that can change at anytime depending on the popularity of the device.

so from that and seeing how this device is selling i would imagine that it would be smart on their part to bring one out. I used to work in marketing and if they dont even have a design or anything done it will take a good 6 months to get a product out to the customer.

That was just a boilerplate response by some employee to the inquiry.

6 months ... No way, and I will prove it ... read below:

The G1, the first Android OS phone, was released on Oct 22, 2008. I bought mine within days. I recall that there was discussion of the Seidio case fairly soon thereafter on an Android forum I frequent. So I went back just now and did a search, and sure enough, I found a reference and a link to the Seidio case for the G1 on this particular forum as early as 12-20-2008, less than 2 months after the G1 was released! See here, post #10 in this thread:
Seeking Rubber/Plastic Back Case - Android Community Forums

Now we know from this that at minimum, Seidio had cases on the market (and therefore holsters too, since they sell them as combos as well) as early as under 2 months after the G1's release, and probably earlier than that, possibly weeks earlier. The G1 sold fairly briskly when released, but in nothing like the numbers that the droid is selling in.

So from this research of mine, it is reasonable to expect to see Seidio cases and holsters for the droid on the market in considerably less than 2 months time from Nov 6, probably in just weeks from now. I'm sure Seidio has a droid and is already hard at work on it.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
the manufacturers can get the phones dimensions month before a device is released....

thats how so many other companies already have screen protectors and holsters for the droid.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
actually it looks like there working on accessories... this is on the front page of the seidoonline.com website

61d1257806608-holsters-untitled.jpg

Vancelot

Reaction score
I got this from Verizon. It looks really nice and gives great protection. The back portion is easy to snap off when docking in the media dock at night to use as my clock.
Verizon Shell/Holster Combo
mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got this from Verizon. It looks really nice and gives great protection. The back portion is easy to snap off when docking in the media dock at night to use as my clock.
Verizon Shell/Holster Combo
mot_droid_rubberized_swivel_holster.png
I read somewhere that that one was recalled. They didn't have it at my Verizon store either. You might want to look into it because I read something about the case hitting the keys or something like that.

Vancelot

Reaction score
They didn't have them on the shelve. I had to ask for it. They had some in the back room.
I haven't had any problems yet.

Edit:
Hmmm. They show out of stock online. Maybe there was some kind of recall. I will check with my local store tomorrow.

Last edited:

medicTHREE

Reaction score
anyone know if any local stores(vzw, best buy, etc) carry a pouch that looks like this...

slip_case_black1.JPG

medicTHREE

Reaction score
anyone know if any local stores(vzw, best buy, etc) carry a pouch that looks like this...

slip_case_black1.JPG

Check out SENA cases. I just bought this one for the iphone 3GS and it fit great.

SENA CASES :: APPLE iPHONE ELEGA POUCH

I'm sure there nice, but the one I posted is 9 dollars shipped.... I'm looking for a way to get something quick, and now that I realize the iPhone has nearly identical dimensions i might run to target/walmart and see if they have something that will work.

mact

Reaction score
It's either going back to the store or going to be re purposed for my iPod Touch.

Sorry for the bummer news.

the Ttouch is wider, thinner, and shorter than the droid.

FoompTheDroid

Reaction score
I've got a very nice casew that's tough as I also work horses / agriculture, but the magnets fire up the thing when it goes in or out. Maybde an app will get written to turn off the mag sensor when locked. Lock phone, inset in holster, prob solved.

From my droid in watertown SD hotel bar.

Danthok

Reaction score
I highly doubt a magnetic clasp on a holster would make the phone do anything and I will tell you why.

I made my own dock messing around with magnets and you have to have two magnets next to one another with opposite polarities.

No clasp will have this, it will have one magnet and something magnetic like iron to be attracted to it. I was unable to get one magnet to have any kind of effect and these magnets were pretty powerful.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I put mine into both car and dock mode using a magnet from my fridge. I didn't have to have two magnets with opposite polarities next to each other :icon_eek: