Droid Razr Maxx holster

DarthKinetic

Reaction score
Negative. There's no spacer in the Maxx dock. Only the Razr dock. Sorry.

this is true, and I can confirm that the VZW holster case will not seat well in the razr car dock even with the spacer removed.

While I have not purchased the official Moto Razr Max car dock yet, I am suspicious of the combo playing out.

BTW I love the VZW case/ holster pictured on the left above, while i dont use the holster part, I love the kickstand in the cover :)

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I can say for sure that they gave me the Razr dock. I turned it over and it has the mirror image of the camera bump out.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

Easyryder01

Reaction score
What's up there guys, my DROID bionic holster which I purchased from Best Buy which comes with the 2pc snap case and I only use the holster and I wind up putting the silicone case on. It just so happens that the razor Max happens to be almost same size as the Bionic so I wound up putting a silicone case on the Max and it clips in. Also the RAZR car dock fits the RAZR with a silicone case as long as you remove the insert but the Max has a car dock but no insert and the Max does not fit with a silicone case on.......go figurel

titusk

Reaction score
Razr Maxx holster pics

Here are some pics of the 'boiled' holster. As you can see, it fits very nicely and is secure. The top isn't quite the perfect fit, but it's still very good. The bottom (the only part dipped in boiling water) fits great in the 'cups'. I can't find where I got it from, but it's exactly the same as the one at this link that is on clearance for only $1.39!!! Holster For Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912) - Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912)

Again, since the Droid Razr Maxx is exactly the same size as the regular Droid Razr except for the thickness, I got a holster for the regular Droid Razr and I put the bottom part of the holster in boiling water for about 30 seconds to make the plastic a little pliable and then took it out and immediatly inserted the phone in it and then put it in the freezer to cool. It formed the the shape of the thicker Maxx perfectly.

I hope this helps and am hoping that this is only a temporary solution until someone makes a real holster for the Maxx. Until then, this one is working just fine.
View attachment 48202View attachment 48203View attachment 48204

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Here are some pics of the 'boiled' holster. As you can see, it fits very nicely and is secure. The top isn't quite the perfect fit, but it's still very good. The bottom (the only part dipped in boiling water) fits great in the 'cups'. I can't find where I got it from, but it's exactly the same as the one at this link that is on clearance for only $1.39!!! Holster For Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912) - Motorola DROID RAZR (XT912)

Again, since the Droid Razr Maxx is exactly the same size as the regular Droid Razr except for the thickness, I got a holster for the regular Droid Razr and I put the bottom part of the holster in boiling water for about 30 seconds to make the plastic a little pliable and then took it out and immediatly inserted the phone in it and then put it in the freezer to cool. It formed the the shape of the thicker Maxx perfectly.

I hope this helps and am hoping that this is only a temporary solution until someone makes a real holster for the Maxx. Until then, this one is working just fine.
View attachment 48202View attachment 48203View attachment 48204

Wow. That turned out nice. I might have to try that! You just boiled it to open the prongs a bit, right?

wernst

Reaction score
Hell at that price, I bought 3. Even with shipping, it was under $10.

-W