Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?

PG1976

Reaction score
Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

View attachment 48134View attachment 48135View attachment 48136View attachment 48137

As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

Hope this helps,
Warr

Thanks for the update! I found this last night on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It should be here next week. I'll let you know how it works out or if it's just another cheap attempt at a holster.

Amazon.com: Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX Black Cell Phone Holster With Belt Clip: Cell Phones & Accessories

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
So the DX holster arrived today. The Maxx fits it fine, but for some reason my phone keeps vibrating randomly. And no, it's not because I'm getting a message. It vibrates once when I put it in the holster, and then vibrates twice at random times after it's in, so I don't think it'll work. I think it has something to do with the volume button being pushed the entire time, because the side rests on the volume down button. The sides fit really tight, which is nice, because it doesn't move around, but not nice because it's always pushing on the volume rocker. Regardless, here's the pictures:

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Too bad, because it really does fit rather well. Maybe I can cut off part of the side piece with my drimel. I'll try that when I get a chance.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Have Dremel, will travel. Sanded down part of the side piece. Now it fits without pushing the volume rocker and no mysterious vibration. I'll still pay the $30 if Seidio makes one, but at least I have something to tide me over.

2012-03-09_21-58-11_205.jpg

2012-03-09_21-58-24_885.jpg

brockr2

Reaction score
So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

-Warr

If your looking for all the newest cases or a great case for the Razr maxx or any phone, look at Ryno Wireless. Their site is Ryno Wireless, they have all kinds of awesome product and great deals plus free shipping.

OP
W

wernst

Reaction score
If your looking for all the newest cases or a great case for the Razr maxx or any phone, look at Ryno Wireless. Their site is Ryno Wireless, they have all kinds of awesome product and great deals plus free shipping.

Nice Try, Ryno Wireless! ;-)

-Warr

marlonvps

Reaction score
So the DX holster arrived today. The Maxx fits it fine, but for some reason my phone keeps vibrating randomly. And no, it's not because I'm getting a message. It vibrates once when I put it in the holster, and then vibrates twice at random times after it's in, so I don't think it'll work. I think it has something to do with the volume button being pushed the entire time, because the side rests on the volume down button. The sides fit really tight, which is nice, because it doesn't move around, but not nice because it's always pushing on the volume rocker. Regardless, here's the pictures:

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

Too bad, because it really does fit rather well. Maybe I can cut off part of the side piece with my drimel. I'll try that when I get a chance.

really it is very bad.

brockr2

Reaction score
So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

-Warr

Check out Ryno Wireless, for the Razr Maxx

Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX

IN AWE

Reaction score
Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

View attachment 48134View attachment 48135View attachment 48136View attachment 48137

As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

Hope this helps,
Warr

I'm going to revive this thread. I too am in the same boat as I like my devices to be "naked". I do like this as an option, but the spring clip does stick out to far. I have not yet purchased a RAZR MAXX and will not pull the trigger due to the fact there is no Seidio naked holster or any decent holster for that matter.

I was wondering if the spring clip from the DroidX naked holster is universal and could fit on the DroidX surface holster body to make a better fit. The DroidX is 9/16ths of an inch thick at the camera hump not sure about the RAZR. If the "Naked clip" mates with the "Surface body" it could be a winner. It might be possible to sweet talk Seidio into letting us buy that part or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay to Frankenstein one together.

Here is a picture of my Seidio DroidX Naked holster top spring clip.
View attachment 50668

What do you think?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I just can't get used to a holster or belt clip for the larger smartphones these days. It used to work great for my old school Razr flip phone, but today's 4"+ phones are just too large to hang off your belt or on a clip IMO. The convenience of them ARE nice though!

**tap'n**

IN AWE

Reaction score
I just can't get used to a holster or belt clip for the larger smartphones these days. It used to work great for my old school Razr flip phone, but today's 4"+ phones are just too large to hang off your belt or on a clip IMO. The convenience of them ARE nice though!

**tap'n**

Personal preference, I can't stand the 4"+ phones in my pocket. Holster is the only way I will carry one, but I REFUSE to put a case on it.

IN AWE

Reaction score

I'm not yet convinced it's to big. I need to know the thickness of the MAXX at the camera hump.

What you ordered IMO make the whole phone stick out to far, not just one little piece of the spring clip. Most of all it is not "naked". The whole point of this thread is to keep the device without any case.

OP
W

wernst

Reaction score
I'm going to revive this thread. I too am in the same boat as I like my devices to be "naked". I do like this as an option, but the spring clip does stick out to far. I have not yet purchased a RAZR MAXX and will not pull the trigger due to the fact there is no Seidio naked holster or any decent holster for that matter.

I was wondering if the spring clip from the DroidX naked holster is universal and could fit on the DroidX surface holster body to make a better fit. The DroidX is 9/16ths of an inch thick at the camera hump not sure about the RAZR. If the "Naked clip" mates with the "Surface body" it could be a winner. It might be possible to sweet talk Seidio into letting us buy that part or find a used one on Craigslist or eBay to Frankenstein one together.

Here is a picture of my Seidio DroidX Naked holster top spring clip.
View attachment 50668

What do you think?

I looked at that option too, and I think you'd need some sort of precise and powerful machine press to drive out the pin that forms the axle of the hinge for the clip, and then something that could re-insert a new pin for the shorter clip.

It's something that Seidio could do easily but I could not. If you think of a way how, please share it with us.

-Warr