Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?

wernst

Reaction score
So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

-Warr

cece5702

Reaction score
So I've used Seidio holsters for my naked devices (that is, no case) since my Treo 650, then Centro, then OG Droid. My Maxx is coming, and I can't find any classic belt-holsters for it. I have a leather case with a belt hook coming, but I'd rather have a holster. Anyone find one?

-Warr

Verizon has a holster combo with a kickstand included.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
OP
W

wernst

Reaction score
Hmm. Interesting. It suggests that other holsters intended for Droid X's in cases may work too, and Seidio offers several holsters for encased Droid X's. I may have to try a few and see what fits.

Thanks,
Warr

Phatdaddyz01

Reaction score
Hmm. Interesting. It suggests that other holsters intended for Droid X's in cases may work too, and Seidio offers several holsters for encased Droid X's. I may have to try a few and see what fits.

Thanks,
Warr

If you do, could you PLEASE post the results here? I also prefer the naked phone. What's the point of buying one of the thinnest phones on the market if you have to slap a big, ugly, bulky case on it so that you can have a holster?

Last edited:

hobojoe196061

Reaction score
My dad was able to find a large magnetic latch holster case that fits the maxx perfect at target. im not sure of the brand name, i can edit the post later with brand and cost. It is a well build holster and I'd recommend checking out target for it.

**Edit**

Ok so according to wernst what I'm talking about isn't a holster, however here is the info. it's a moda casi (yeah never heard of it either) it feels like it's synthetic soft touch leather and its clip swivels. It's only sold in target stores only and NOT online. My dad purchased it for 11 bucks so it's a nice cheap option for those frugal like my dad.

LINK
Moda Casi Smart Phone : Target

Last edited:
OP
W

wernst

Reaction score
My dad was able to find a large magnetic latch holster case that fits the maxx perfect at target. im not sure of the brand name, i can edit the post later with brand and cost. It is a well build holster and I'd recommend checking out target for it.

Thanks. Please go ahead and post that case's name and cost, as I'm sure it will help out some folks. I myself also have a leather belt case on order to use until I find a proper holster.

And so you know, a proper holster is generally some sort of hard plastic half-shell that the phone just clips into, and the the whole thing sits on your belt. An example would be something like this: seidioonline.com

I think I'm probably gonna order up a few of the different Seidio holsters for the DroidX with a case and see if anything fits well enough to keep.

-Warr

jimd1050

Reaction score

-Warr

I bought this one for my hTc Thunderbolt a while back and have loved it.

HTC Thunderbolt Monaco Vertical Pouch Type Leather Case - Black

The leather is soft yet tough, the belt clasp is an extremely tough slide-on type and my new Razr Maxx slid right in. The "Maxx" is obviously much thinner than the "T-Bolt" but it still stays in there snugly. I love it - I've been wearing this holster every day for almost 2 years. Hope this helps!

PG1976

Reaction score
If you do, could you PLEASE post the results here? I also prefer the naked phone. What's the point of buying one of the thinnest phones on the market if you have to slap a big, ugly, bulky case on it so that you can have a holster?

So has anyone verified what holster works for the naked Droid Razr Maxx ?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, two things:

1. I emailed Siedo and asked them to please make a spring-loaded holster for the Maxx. I recommend that everyone shoot them an email. The more of us that ask they might actually start selling one for us.

2. I went ahead and ordered the one for the DroidX to give it a shot. Thanks Geramlin!

PG, once I get the holster, I'll shot some pictures of it once I get it Thursday, if you haven't ordered one by then.

Last edited:

PG1976

Reaction score
Well, two things:

1. I emailed Siedo and asked them to please make a spring-loaded holster for the Maxx. I recommend that everyone shoot them an email. The more of us that ask they might actually start selling one for us.

2. I went ahead and ordered the one for the DroidX to give it a shot. Thanks Geramlin!

PG, once I get the holster, I'll shot some pictures of it once I get it Thursday, if you haven't ordered one by then.

Thanks Scottysize! I have not bought one yet. I've been hesitating a bit because returns and exchanges are such a pain in the #$%^&*!! LoL.
I also sent Siedo an email to produce the spring-loaded holster. I'm looking forward to your update!

OP
W

wernst

Reaction score
Success! Sort of. Depending on how picky you are.

First, of the three DroidX (in a case) Holsters Seidio sells, they all "fit" the Razr Maxx in the sense that the Maxx is held reasonably securely on your belt. However, only one of the holsters both "fits pretty well" and actually works one-handed to quickly get your Maxx into and out of the holster without even looking. That one is "Seidio SURFACE Holster" (product code HLMTDXASC), which sells for $30. The product URL is: seidioonline.com

The Maxx is quite secure in this holster, however the spring slip extends quite a bit out beyond the back of the Maxx itself. Fortunately, the top clip is Arch-shaped, and the Maxx naturally fits at the top of the arch, so the rubber "stopper" doesn't really engage, but it doesn't really need to. If you push the Maxx against the stopper of the top clip, there is a significant gap between the screen and the holster, but the Maxx is still quite secure.

Here are the photos everyone is clamoring for:

View attachment 48134View attachment 48135View attachment 48136View attachment 48137

As you can see, the side-to-side fit is excellent. The bottom corners are an appropriate depth to securely grab the Maxx without it being a tight squeeze. But in the last two photos, you can clearly see how far the top clip extends past the back of the Maxx. It is slightly annoying.

The real question, to me is this. If you spend $30 on this, would you then spend $30 more bucks on a proper "Naked Maxx" holster if Seidio ever released one? I probably would, but I guess it would depend on how much smaller the top clip was. On the other hand, if Seidio never released a proper "Naked Maxx" holster, I think anyone would consider this one "good enough."

So, how long do you want to wait until it is clear if Seidio will make what we want before buying this one?

Hope this helps,
Warr

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Well, that's too far for me to spend $30 on, so I guess I'm picky. I did spend $10 on the holster/shell combo. It should hopefully be here tomorrow. i'll post picture of that fit. Would I spend $30 on a Seidio that fit the Maxx? You bet I would!