Anyone find a holster for a naked Razr Maxx?

IN AWE

Reaction score
I looked at that option too, and I think you'd need some sort of precise and powerful machine press to drive out the pin that forms the axle of the hinge for the clip, and then something that could re-insert a new pin for the shorter clip.

It's something that Seidio could do easily but I could not. If you think of a way how, please share it with us.

-Warr

This isn't a problem at all. I just tried with a drive pin punch and it worked just fine, in and out. It was so easy I'm sure it could be done with a paperclip. Even though the picture below shows the wrong pin, both pins come out easily.
View attachment 50740View attachment 50741

I also want to be sure that the spring clips are exchangeable between the two holsters.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX.

Last edited:

Core2

Reaction score
I also want to be sure that the spring clips are exchangeable between the two holsters.

they appear to be, altho i'd try a clip from something thinner like the naked g nex holster. i'm an accessory freak and accessories make the phone. i absolutely LOVED how i could have anything i wanted for my X (cased holster, naked holster, functional cardock...) in december i swapped my X for a gnex and i'm still slightly regretting it. i have no functional dock, my cases/holsters are a mish-mash of what i can dig up to fit (right now i'm using a commuter case in an active holster) and i'm thinking about going back to a moto phone because verizon just doesn't offer the nexus experience that it should so since i currently have a somewhat limited phone anyway, why not go back to a moto. ... bla bla bla.. i'm rambling.. anyway... i completely understand your position in making sure you can have the accessory you want before making the dive on the maxx, i'm in the exact same situation. i have a few seidio holsters with varying clips if you're interested in experimenting pm me and i'll see what i can offer to help.

*edit* yes, first post.. i registered to offer help since this thread came up in a search while i was looking to see if i could get a holster for a naked maxx IF i decide to swap my gnex.

Last edited:

IN AWE

Reaction score
they appear to be, altho i'd try a clip from something thinner like the naked g nex holster. i'm an accessory freak and accessories make the phone. i absolutely LOVED how i could have anything i wanted for my X (cased holster, naked holster, functional cardock...) in december i swapped my X for a gnex and i'm still slightly regretting it. i have no functional dock, my cases/holsters are a mish-mash of what i can dig up to fit (right now i'm using a commuter case in an active holster) and i'm thinking about going back to a moto phone because verizon just doesn't offer the nexus experience that it should so since i currently have a somewhat limited phone anyway, why not go back to a moto. ... bla bla bla.. i'm rambling.. anyway... i completely understand your position in making sure you can have the accessory you want before making the dive on the maxx, i'm in the exact same situation. i have a few seidio holsters with varying clips if you're interested in experimenting pm me and i'll see what i can offer to help.

*edit* yes, first post.. i registered to offer help since this thread came up in a search while i was looking to see if i could get a holster for a naked maxx IF i decide to swap my gnex.

First off, welcome to the board. I do like your Idea of the naked Gnex clip, I guess I didn't even realize that it is thinner. Thanks for the offer on helping experiment to find a solution. If I pull the trigger on the Maxx I will let all of you know and may take you up on your offer.

Thank you and have a great one, Jon

IN AWE

Reaction score
ohhh i see well you could always use the Seidio HLMTRZASA, I've never used it myself but you can always look at the reviews, its about as naked as it gets LOL Amazon.com: Seidio HLMTRZASA Active Holster for Motorola Droid RAZR - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

This is for use with an Active case, which means it is not "Naked". I (we) are looking for a holster that fits a bare Razr Maxx. I appreciate the try, but we are still looking.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm using a holster that I got with the platinum series case for the bionic... fits the RAZR naked pretty well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Core2

Reaction score
I'm using a holster that I got with the platinum series case for the bionic... fits the RAZR naked pretty well

Any chance you could post a couple pictures of how it fits ?

Core2

Reaction score
i emailed seidio about a naked holster for the maxx, this is the reply that i got...

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your request has been forwarded to product development.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

... based on that i might just keep dealing with my gnex.

IN AWE

Reaction score
i emailed seidio about a naked holster for the maxx, this is the reply that i got...

Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX. We apologize for any inconvenience. Your request has been forwarded to product development.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 832-204-1118.

Thank you,

Seidio Customer Service

... based on that i might just keep dealing with my gnex.

I got the exact same response when I emailed them. Don't know what else to do.

Core2

Reaction score
so i ended up using a commuter case with an active holster and i'll deal with not being able to dock it.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
so i ended up using a commuter case with an active holster and i'll deal with not being able to dock it.
That is funny. I did the same exact thing. I bought the red one.

DSHR51

Reaction score
wrote to Seidio

Here is Seido's reply. I request that anyone interested in a holster please also write Seidio. The more requests they get, the better.
"Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. We have not finalized plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Motorola Razr Maxx. However, your request has been forwarded to product development. If you would like to stay informed on future product releases for this device, we suggest periodically checking our online store."

Thanks Scottysize! I have not bought one yet. I've been hesitating a bit because returns and exchanges are such a pain in the #$%^&*!! LoL.
I also sent Siedo an email to produce the spring-loaded holster. I'm looking forward to your update!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Here is Seido's reply. I request that anyone interested in a holster please also write Seidio. The more requests they get, the better.
"Thank you for contacting Seidioonline.com. We appreciate your interest in our products. We have not finalized plans to make spring-clip holsters for a non-cased Motorola Razr Maxx. However, your request has been forwarded to product development. If you would like to stay informed on future product releases for this device, we suggest periodically checking our online store."
Same reply I got. Maybe they'll actually make one soon. I used the Commuter Case for about a week, but hated taking it off and on again. Now I'm back to putting it in my Oakley case.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I figured id post again. As far as naked holster... im still using the bionic holster from the platinum series case/clip. Sold at best buy. But the clip works extremely well on a bare razr. I've used the same setup since ive had the razr and still not a single issue to speak of.

Core2

Reaction score
I figured id post again. As far as naked holster... im still using the bionic holster from the platinum series case/clip. Sold at best buy. But the clip works extremely well on a bare razr. I've used the same setup since ive had the razr and still not a single issue to speak of.

thanks. i'll look into this.