"Hidden" Thunderbolt Features

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
Today I was messing around with Bluetooth, and I discovered that there is a setting for an FTP server over Bluetooth! On my Droid 1, I had to install a market app to do this, and make sure it was running everytime I turned on Bluetooth for this purpose. With this setting it is builtin and one click!

Tried out the Thunderbolt setting, and it worked awesomely!

I created this thread to ask for other possible settings that may be either unique to the Thunderbolt, hard to find, or even for Apps that are pretty much exclusive only to the Thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

greyghost04

Reaction score
For the less educated, such as myself, what will this do for you?

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
For the less educated, such as myself, what will this do for you?

FTP over Bluetooth will allow you to transfer files from your phone to computer without wires.

I was just wanting to see if there were any other settings on the Thunderbolt that perhaps us former Droid owners may not be used to.

[mod edit: took out the negative parts of the post, as I also was curious the answer]

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Is it a pretty straight forward setup besides checking the box? It sounds like a useful feature.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

greyghost04

Reaction score
Thanks, I was serious. I saw that check box for FTP while trying to tether on blutooth from Thunderbolt to Mac Powerbook. Actually got it to work for awhile. Then it stopped and I couldn't get it to work again. When VZW turns off Hotspot, I'll do an easy root and then d/l Barnacle to tether on wi fi.

OP
L

LinuxHack3r

Reaction score
I checked the box, turned on Bluetooth, paired the phone, did the right Windows XP stuff.... Wola!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was serious. I saw that check box for FTP while trying to tether on blutooth from Thunderbolt to Mac Powerbook. Actually got it to work for awhile. Then it stopped and I couldn't get it to work again. When VZW turns off Hotspot, I'll do an easy root and then d/l Barnacle to tether on wi fi.

I've got my Mac to recognize my phone and even saw it pair once, but it didn't last long and I haven't been able to do it since.

Macs and Androids, unless Google acts as the 3rd party app it just doesn't work.