Hi , what's the best waterproof solution for galaxy s3 ?

davigol

Reaction score
Hi , what's the best waterproof solution for galaxy s3 ?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You can send your phone off to Liquipel and have them coat your entire phone, inside and out, with a chemical that makes your entire phone completely waterproof. I think it's about $75, though.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I was gonna say, "Don't put it in water" :) But the other 2 suggestions above are probably more practical..<g>

TampaCop

Reaction score
You can send your phone off to Liquipel and have them coat your entire phone, inside and out, with a chemical that makes your entire phone completely waterproof. I think it's about $75, though.

I was told by the salesperson at Verizon that it voids the warranty.

mkstn

Reaction score
The boat type bags would be best or there are cases that cover the entire phone front & back.

medic2pa

Reaction score
Dry Bags

I frequently use a "dry bag" to keep my phones from getting wet. You can search them online. I use mine when I kayak, when I bike, and when I go walking and the weather looks like rain. They come in multiple different sizes. this is the brand that I have. I like it since it comes with both a nylon "necklace" that I can wear around my neck and tuck down my shirt/vest when kayaking so I don't lose it, and the armband when I am biking or walking. the little nipple on the side is to extract the extra air so it is basically vacuum sealed. thus, if the seal is broken, it's obvious when you try to seal it. Simple, easy to use, doesn't void the warranty, can still use it when it's in the bag. I paid around $35 for mine. Hope that helps. I saw the listing on ebay for the little bags that go over the phone, but when I do an internet search regarding the company, all I find are more "ebay" listings. Not so sure about that, but in theory, sounds like a great idea. but if you're into heavy duty water exposure, go with the dry bag!
Dry Case Waterproof Case : Product Description, Reviews and Information

poktpcob

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone will make a lifeproof type case for it. Would any of you pay $80 for one?

medic2pa

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone will make a lifeproof type case for it. Would any of you pay $80 for one?

I paid $105 for my Piel Frama hybrid case. Yes, I would pay that to protect my investment. Unfortunately, many manufacturers won't deviate from their fruit phone only options!

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Wow that iOttie looks awesome. Pair that with a cordless rechargeable battery(when they come out) and this seems like the perfect solution. I wonder how long the tape lasts before you need to replace it.