Hi Im new to this site need help with Compcache!

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Hi everyone! First and foremost I want to thank all Devs for the great work you've provided and the sharing of knowledge,my special thanks to MIUI Developers, thank you.

Now could anyone tell me if Compcache will help my OG Droid running w/ Chevyno1 1.2 gig kernel perform better? Or better off leaving it alone?

Im currently running MIUI 12.24 only issue is very slow accessing themes alot of FC's other than that everythng works fine! ;D

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Compcache is built into the kernel, and if I am not mistaken Chevy does not have compache with his kernels yet.

But, with the little I (think) I know about compcache it has more to do with managing memory. So, I am not sure it will help droid "perform" better ... I notice enabling compcache help reduce screen redraws.

Hope that helped.

Sent from my Sourcery infused DROID

OP
ZaChYmO

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Yes, like I said my phone works fine ill keep it as is unless I know 4 sure i can make my phone faster by other means, thank you much!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Chevy has been unable to get compcache working. He may never get it working. You will need a new kernel.

Compcache is a memory compression trick. It's great for most users, but some have issues with it. If you want to get it working there are things you can do, but you probably don't need it.

OP
ZaChYmO

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Chevy has been unable to get compcache working. He may never get it working. You will need a new kernel.

Compcache is a memory compression trick. It's great for most users, but some have issues with it. If you want to get it working there are things you can do, but you probably don't need it.

I apreaciate your response! I know a lil abt compcache, I ddnt know Chevy1 wansnt equiped with it... I think imma look further to get a kernel w/ compcache but on the other hand I might just be fine w/ what I have.... eeeeh I'm learning thank you for your sharing =D

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
CyanogenMod 6.1.2 has MASSIVE compcache support with the stock kernel and a tutorial walkthrough for manual overclocking/voltage control. No custom kernel needed and the controls are built into the ROM for the compcache percentage.

OP
ZaChYmO

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
CyanogenMod 6.1.2 has MASSIVE compcache support with the stock kernel and a tutorial walkthrough for manual overclocking/voltage control. No custom kernel needed and the controls are built into the ROM for the compcache percentage.

Great! Time to play! ;D thanks Furbearingmammal!