hey guys im new n from md

turtle636

Reaction score
hey guys whats up im new to this whole thing i just got my droid yesterday friday the 17th or 18th of june and i like it but want to root it and run the 2.2 only thing is my computer is on windows xp and the computer wont read my droids sd card it tells me the device is hi speed and it will work better if it is connected to a highspeed data somin or other idk and im so lost can anyone help or direct me to whare i need to go to do this i want to do it from home but am afraid my computer will not work a friend can do it for me as he mess wit his everyday an i srunning what i want to run but i bought it so i could learn an do this on my own thanks

OP
T

turtle636

Reaction score
idk if ur step by step will help but ill try ne ways an im in charles county but grew up in anne arundel

OP
T

turtle636

Reaction score
yea the step by step wont help i need to root my phone first an update from 2.0 ne ways my computer wont bring up my sdcard at all if i go ito removable disk it lists like 6 folders thats it im using astro but i think my driver might be slow i found a way to do it from the phone but when i download the file to the phone and turn off an go into my thing after holding x key it says the update.zip file doesnt exist help please....

kristoff125

Reaction score
Download astro, find the file in the download folder, move it to the main folder of the SD card.

OP
T

turtle636

Reaction score
ok idk how i did it but i did it driectly from the phone to the cp somehow and i succesfully rooteddancedroid....now how do i install 2.1... or can i install from 2.0.1 to 2.2 or do i have to go from 2.0.1 to 2.1 then 2.2 and i also need links to the downloads cuz the site really isnt hellping me you guys are tho so ide really appreciate some assistance