HeyTell Walkie-Talkie App for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
heytell.jpg

Even though there are some pretty good walkie-talkie apps in the Android market already, here is a fairly impressive one called 'HeyTell'. What differentiates this one from the crowd is that it has cross platform support (yes you can even use it to talk to your buddy that won't give up their iPhone), is fairly simple to use (even grandma can figure it out... well, most grandmas), has the ability to go back and review messages, is free, and it works well.

Yes... with HeyTell... you too can feel like your smartphone is a throwback device from the 70's! Seriously though, I can think of a few situations where this would be very useful... how about you guys?

Source: Gizmodo

VannMann

Reaction score
Tikl is better in my opinion. Faster and it to is cross platform.

LT*

Reaction score
Tikl is better in my opinion. Faster and it to is cross platform.

I always found much worse battery drain with TiKl installed. Haven't tried this one yet, but may give it a shot.

VannMann

Reaction score
@LT* -That is true, I uninstalled it after the novelty wore off for that very reason.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I prefer tikl as well the reason why battery life is cause it always seems to be running. It never stops so if you open running services its still active whether you are using the app or not. I been having to freeze the app with titanium backup when I am not using it.

dt137

Reaction score
HeyTell

This is a voice recorder, not a walkie-Talkie. It records your voice and then sends it. Kinda lame!

Tikl WAY better! IMO

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Tikl was VERY buggy a while ago when I used it... and battery drains is terrible.

I also didn't know it was cross platform.
Might have to take another look at it. Based on screenshot alone, this app looks a lot more polished... but looks like it's not even worth downloading based on comments.