Hey Y'all

Glen4X4

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Glen here checkin in. I've always been interested in messing with the software and hardware with computers and came to realize that it should also be possible with our smart phones and found this forum and another one, both of which seem to be very knowledgeable but this seems to have more rom threads and what is available to do. I am a member of a couple automotive forums so this isn't new to me as far as posting and searching goes. Have had a Droid1 and still do just not in use, and have a Droid 3 and Samsung Stratosphere. I like to also modify trucks/suv's and go 4wheeling hence the name and picture. Thanks for the awesome site and will read up on threads :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums!! We are happy to have you here with us!!

OP
Glen4X4

Glen4X4

Reaction score
Thanks, still learning on how to install the rom once moved to the SD card.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well I have never done it on the D3 but if you follow the link to the -->DROID 3 HACKS<-- section there are some guides posted there that should help get you on your way. I know you need to use bootstrap but I believe there are 2 different methods to chose from.

OP
Glen4X4

Glen4X4

Reaction score
Thanks, still exploring the forum. I try resist asking questions if possible :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I know one of them is called safestrap, one of our mods wrote a guide on how to install it and another one on how to use it.

And always ask questions when you have them, someone is always there and willing to help out, that's what makes this a great place :icon_ lala:

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Interested on your thoughts between the Droid 3 vs the Stratosphere?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Glen!! Great to have you onboard! Enjoy the site. Its fun :)

Sent from Droid RAZR

OP
Glen4X4

Glen4X4

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Interested on your thoughts between the Droid 3 vs the Stratosphere?
Thanks!

Droid 3: I like the 8mp, HD external hook up, more internal memory, slightly bigger screen and keyboard, like the factory setup.
Dislike: The pic capture is slow and little blurry when moving.
Stratosphere: I like the 4G (when in range is fast), quick picture capture and captures like a still image when moving.
Dislike: The smaller keyboard keys, smaller internal memory, only 5MP, no external HD hookup.

I am in no way a professional "reviewer" so sorry if it isn't what you expected :p but that's just a couple of my thoughts on the two compared.

Welcome to the forums Glen!! Great to have you onboard! Enjoy the site. Its fun :)

Sent from Droid RAZR