Hey Mac People…..System Update Snow Leopard

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated to 10.6.6 today. I got a little surprise after the update. I have an icon for the App Store on my dock.

Now I have an iPad so I'm wondering if everybody got this or was it just Apple searching people's iTunes for iPad or iPhone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please stop posting spam ;)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're not going to contribute to the thread then please keep these comments to yourself. I would hate to delete your post.:icon_censored:

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, apparently they are selling apps for the Mac now. Hmmm Pinball….:)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Got the update yesterday and I will say, I'm pretty impressed. What a smart marketing model. All those smaller priced apps people will be able to buy through the app store will add up to VERY big profits for Apple. Mark my words. I really like the upgrade.

Modred189

Reaction score
I thought they already had Steam for macs... ;-)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the free apps is Virus Barrier and it says it's based on Virus Barrier 5. I paid for that app and it wasn't cheap. It was such a resource hog I pulled it off my iMac.

Aram58

Reaction score
The app store is primarily for the macbook air, which has no cd drive, but its useful for all macs.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I have to say that Angry Birds on a 27 inch screen is a bit overwhelming.

The Mac App Store has a few idiosyncrasies, but it's a pretty good start. Instant gratification, or slightly delayed gratification with my connection, has always been a good retail model.

@Modred189, Steam only sells games, as far as I know. This store sells everything, provided Apple will approve it. There are definitely some very useful apps that will not gain approval under Apple's current policies. Fortunately, unlike the iOS App store, it is not an exclusive store. There is even a competing store called Bodega. It's been around for a while but never really caught on, mostly because it's never had very many apps.

And when did we become so mobile centric that we call everything an app? Computers used to run software and programs, and occasionally applications.