Here's the 5.5.893 update file str8 from Moto. No root necessary.

TrueKing

Reaction score
Hey guys im rooted if I use the permaroot, is there a way to go back if something happens. I really need this update, tired of the data drops and not so good camera and battery life.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dbb

Reaction score
After a few days useage im can honestly say I now enjoy my phone. Before I was afraid to use it do to my extended battery draining extremely fast, even with no widgets and hardly any use. From 6:30 am to 8 pm my battery would be around 20%. Without barely using it. Maybe 2-3 phone calls, 5 texts or so, and one or two minutes on facebook. It was horrible. Yesterday I used the phone hardcore with lots of calls and browsing, even a few downloads. At 8pm it was still at 60%. AWESOME!!!!!

As far as dropouts, ive had one, but it came back on in a few seconds. Im not really sure why it happened, but it did, but much better then my normal 10+ a day.

PS: Im on 3g, since 4g in my area is messed up after that mega snow storm. Verizon claims they will give credit back to 4g users for the downtime.

McGyver777

Reaction score
Installed the 1-step update as well, went from 5.5.893 to 5.7.893 in one step, quite nice. Phone seems snappier, camera is a bit better, and I'll see how battery life is in a bit.

Where is this one step?

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Just finished reading this thread start to post #199, still unsure as to what to do?? Am rooted with 5.5.886

DO I need to unroot before trying to update? Will I lose root? Should I do forever root first? (Currently on pete's oneclick)
Will I get official OTA if rooted?

Seems like it works fine for many, but then again I could wait for verizon.

Anyone have advice......

amycmcc

Reaction score
I'm not even able to download the file! It just says "download unsuccessful"

Stevet86

Reaction score
I'm not even able to download the file! It just says "download unsuccessful"

Had the same problem. I downloaded to my PC then transfered it to my phone.

amycmcc

Reaction score
I downloaded that root app they mentioned on here, but I don’t know a thing about rooting. It allowed me to download the file though. There's a warning that says I have voided my warranty! I hit cancel a I suppose I did not root my phone... Should I uninstall it now? I don't even know what root means, lol

nubia

Reaction score
Wow.... Read before you download.....

318Droid

Reaction score
Smh, yea plz read first. This update, 5.7.893 has had my phone running and acting perfect. Downloaded it when it first released, had connection issue for like a day or two, reseated Sim and havent had one problem since. Loving it, 3g never goes down, camera is much better, GPS catches now, Lil more snappier, just all around much better Bionic.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
are we still able to root after installing the 5.7.893 update? or do we have to use forever root?

xmguy

Reaction score
Yeah. Can it be rooted? And does it take you off the OTA path later on and is the Bootloader changed so I can still downgrade if needed. Like warranty exchange?

SigSoldat

Reaction score
Installed using the second process and it went without a hitch. Camera is definitely improved as far as focus speed is concerned. Battery life seems improved but I haven't really tested it to confirm. As for general speed, tbis version seems to be slower with screen draws and certain apps, like facebook, have weird screen issues though they are minor and temporary.

I have only had it for 12 hours and can't say if it has fixed the data issue because i only drop once every couple days.

Vypre

Reaction score
are we still able to root after installing the 5.7.893 update? or do we have to use forever root?

yeah i have the same question, i updated to the new OTA this morning and i seemed to have lost root. what would be the best method for me re-root my phone? forever root?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
Anyone know if this update also makes the Bionic work better with the lapdock 100?

I've been having unresponsive mouse issues and low memory messages.

Sent using Tapatalk