Here is what I'm running...please give opinions.

Ssilk

Reaction score
Here is my setup so far. I'm looking for opinions on my config, tips and tricks to optimize my x2, and options for further customizing and what apps I should keep and what ones to replace if there its better out there. Thanks in advance and its great to be here.

Droid x2
Superuser root
TBH
Dolphin browser
Es file explorer
Go launch and go locker running the cream sandwich theme.
Juice defender
Astro
Ms video player
Quadrant
Quick boot
Sd maid
Titanium backup
Cpu tuner
Chip is overclocked and tests at about 2250 average and 3g speeds up to 1948 down and 874 with a 147 ping.

If this is, or isn't, a good combo, please let me know how to make it better and what are my next steps to further customization, and what other apps or hacks might I want to do next. Also I'm looking for everyones favorite games for this dual core.
Thanks guys...can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
Mod please move to droid x2 forum. Sorry. Thank you.

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
Also wondering if out is possible to flash the x2 to another carrier. Thanks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Moved to the DX2 Section.

And I am not sure about the carrier question, that is something that I have never researched for any phone.

But what were you looking to do as far as set up goes? What I mean is it looks like you are using most of the "big" root apps so if your phone is running good then I think you are doing pretty good. I typically don't use any apps like juice defender but I know there are many who swear by it.

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Juice defender so far has been nice because it can shut down a bunch of stuff that would take a lot of time to do manually to save me a few minutes. But its pretty much useless during the average day. Great if your running super low and just need an extra few pictures or another couple phone calls before the battery dies.
Glad to know I'm not running any major conflicting software.

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
And thank you for moving ;)

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
So do you think I should try bootstrapping and custom recovery and rom.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
And thank you for moving ;)

No problem!!

So do you think I should try bootstrapping and custom recovery and rom.

And that is always an option to take. I like being stock rooted for a while to get the feel for the phone and the process.

When and if you decide to proceed with ROMs it is important to do your home work ahead of time. Also you should read up on how to get yourself out of trouble if you get into a jam. For this you would need to know how to SBF.

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
Exactly! I think a lot of people get scared of modding their phone when in reality it usually tends to happen to people who jump in without reading up first or devs in the process of trying new things. I don't plan on being either. Lol. I have been reading on this forum for a couple weeks before even joining. System binary files dem pretty straight forward. I'm confident that if I got in trouble I could re install the sbf and re root and start all over again with minimal troubles from the reading I have done. There is a paragraph I think in the faq about people needing to do their reading before jumping in with questions. Granted that forum search features (even the best of them) are hard to narrow down some times. But on the flip side...there are so many current stickys and discussions that a guy could almost become a self taught dev with all the info out there. So yes! Im %100 with you on that. I'm real big on people doing their homework before posting or modding anything. I was rooted and have a nice and stable setup on my own by reading before I ever even posted or joined. Still have to keep reading on roms and backups and bootstrapping and stuff more before I do anything further. Im happy with it as is since I'm running a custom theme. I'm more interested in roms for better performance if its worth it. Some of the bloatware that I will never use like blockbuster have been deleted just to add some space but not real worried about the rest since they don't hurt anything just sitting there anyways.

What its the major difference between a custom rom and custom theme anyways? Much?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Glad to hear ALL of that. Sounds like you got a good knowledge base to build off of now and of course there are always people around to assist when needed!

...What its the major difference between a custom rom and custom theme anyways? Much?

A ROM is a full set of software. A theme is typically meant to be flashed over a specific ROM to change the look of it. Some ROMs do come custom themed so it is possible to see that as well.

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
So the up side of going with a custom rom would be more about using less resources and less about look and feel?

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
Id like to find a thread where we can check out screen shots of available roms and custom themed roms. View attachment 45893
My latest result...is this good?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So the up side of going with a custom rom would be more about using less resources and less about look and feel?

For the most part yes. The idea is more to get your device running like a champ and then flash a theme to change the look. Many ROMs will look stock only the dev has taken steps to get running great.

Id like to find a thread where we can check out screen shots of available roms and custom themed roms.

You mean like one big unified thread?

OP
Ssilk

Ssilk

Reaction score
That makes sence...but the test results im getting with a stock rom are pretty impressive as is.(see pic above). I think I'll keep reading and watching how the dev comes along in the future. Thanks for the great info. And yes...but do most devs upload shots or vid of their roms in action? Il be looking in to it today.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem, I love to share info :)

And yes for the most part screen shots are posted with ROM releases. If not there is normally someone who will post in the thread if it is requested.