Here I am: Have I been hacked?

corezone

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm new to the site but I've had my Moto Droid since March. Gotta say I love just about everything it can do. The possibilities seem endless!

But with so much open source programming I was actually wondering if I've already been hacked. Scenario: I'm at somebody's house whom I am well acquainted with. He is always the goto person for anything computer related. He has a 10TB (terabyte) server in his house if that tells you anything.

Now I had texted this person from my droid that I was at his front door and that was the last I used my phone until I left. It sat in my pocket the entire time with the screen off.

When I left his house I pulled my phone out and turned the screen on. My text program was still open (normal) but in the input box was the admin network password for my router at my house. So it looked like I typed it and was about to send it. The only place it was stored on my phone was in an app called PasswordSafeLite. Is it possible that he hacked my droid from his PC (or he has an Iphone too)? And if so how do I stop intrusions from the rest of the world?

Thanks and sorry for the wordiness lol,

Corezone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I've not heard of any Droid being hacked.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id say unless you connected to anything at his house like his network, then youre safe. id say the passwordapp is at fault here. never used it; i dont want/need a place that stores all of my passwords, esp. if its a poorly designed app. not saying that this is, but that looks like the only way your password was put on your texting app so id maybe try a different password vault app

just cause a man has a 10TB server doesnt mean hes stealing your passwords lol

cromo8

Reaction score
most likely not ive never heard of any phones being hacked, like could be your phone tried to connect to wifi or something of the sort or maybe you just didnt leave it the way you said :p

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I wouldnt worry about it. Ive pulled my phone at of my pocket and had some wierd stuff on screen and also wondered how the heck did I do that.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Make sure your password isn't in your user dictionary. If it is, then that probably explains it. If not, could it have been on your clipboard? If not, uninstall the password app and any other strange apps.

OP
C

corezone

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I had thought about Autotype settings as well so I did make sure that no passwords were in the dictionary, which none were. So the next step is to try out a different password keeper.