Indie Game Developer Here

Netforza

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
thl t200
Hello everyone.
I am an Indy Game Developer working from my basement. :)
I develop games together with my brother who is in even worse conditions, he lives in a very small house near a forest and gets his electricity from solar cells. Right now it's rainy so he gets no electricity at all.

I would love to get some feedback on our games. Especially precious is the information about how the games work on various devices, but I couldn't figure out where to post about them.
Any help regarding this is welcome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forest! ...I mean...Forum! We're always glad to have developers in the house, but we do have some guidelines for them.

As far as I know, it's ok for you to seek input on your game here, but according to our Guidelines of Conduct for DroidForums.net Android Forum at DroidForums.net

"7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is of they are paying to do so. Please contact the ADMINs if you wish to become a Supporting Vendor."

I realize you're an indie developer with, I'm sure, limited resources, but it may be to your advantage to contact an admin about what it would take for you to become a supporting developer/vendor if you'd like to really advertise your apps.

We also have a ZERO tolerance policy for spam. Posting spam is subject to deletion and possible infractions.

Now, I'll also cover my own *** by mentioning that I've only recently become a Super Moderator, and I know we've had staff discussion regarding developers, so I may have misinterpreted the information that led to my initial statement on your ability to seek input and another mod or admin may come along and let us both know that. ;)

Either way, glad you joined up and tell your brother not to mess with his Electrical wires when it's raining!

Reactions: CJM
OP
Netforza

Netforza

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
thl t200
Thank you Jonny for a warm welcome! :)
Well, you are correct about us being indie without resources.
After we earned only $90 for 9 months of intensive work, I started to understand that being an indie game developer isn't such a good idea. :)
Anyway I thought you might have some forum where android developers could ask for feedback?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
And there's our answer! Thanks leeshor!

Hope you'll still stick around this forum as well though, I see you involved in several discussions already.

Sent from my Note 4

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Well, you are correct about us being indie without resources.
After we earned only $90 for 9 months of intensive work, I started to understand that being an indie game developer isn't such a good idea. :)

I've been there...It is never easy and a lot of big indie developers just end up waiting to be bought out by bigger developers. Just look at Microsoft's purchase of Minecraft. Although, they were supposedly making some big bucks before they were bought by MS. However, this has not only been a personal experience but what I've seen in the industry. That's why I tell any aspiring game dev...go work for a company cause you'll get paid way better with less risk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Just like doing anything for yourself. My cousin was a contractor & I worked for him for a while. He would've given anything to get paid what we made from him per hour & ended up giving it up & going to work for someone else. Before he moved back here & we worked for him, he built homes for some Packers players down in Green Bay.

Sent from my Note 4