Here comes KitKat

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Downloading 4.4 (Verizon) as we speak, though it's ridiculously slow.

-Matt

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Here is Verizon's changelog:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/content/dam/support/pdf/system_update/htc-one.pdf

Really not too much to crow about...improved gallery...a few improvements to Blinkfeed...Do Not Disturb. Feels a lot more like a minor update.

Strangely, it seems as though ART is completely missing. At least I can't find the option to switch from Dalvik in the developer settings, like I can on the Moto X. Go figure.

-Matt

devdeuce

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing poorer battery life since the update and if so, has anyone found a fix?

there is no spoon

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I think the baseband has been updated -- seem to be seeing better performance with that over 4.3. Otherwise I haven't noticed any other major changes.

-Matt

iRenegade

Reaction score
Auto installing kitkat now! Anyone else with kitkat have any comments or advice?

OP
gadgetrants

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It's been fairly uneventful so far. Probably the update I like the most are the improvements to the Gallery. A bit more customization in Blinkfeed too.

-Matt

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I got mine last week I think. Change in the icons in the notification bar. Gallery, and also Browser seems different but can't tell because I never use the stock browser.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I also noticed you can turn BlinkFeed off. I might be late with this but just found out

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

devdeuce

Reaction score
When my brother first got the update, battery life was horrible, but after a factory reset it appears to be better than before the update. I'm hoping this is a common theme for kitkat.

there is no spoon