Help!!!!

newbroot83

Reaction score
I just received my razr maxx back from motorola today, and it is screwed. The network shows as distribution and the imei shows as unknown. All i get when i dial numbers is a busy tone. Anyone know where to start fixing this? Cs at appalachian said id just have to replace the phone. Thanks alot guys. Yall blow. :(

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Is the SIM card in the phone? Turn the phone off then try removing the SIM card and then put it back in and restart.

David

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
No dice. Still got distribution for my network and no imei

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Oh...dont know if this matters or not but the network type shows as 1 rrt instead of cdma

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Ive decided to damn motorola and switch to verizon with the galaxy note 2. Is jt pretty easy to root and apply roms? I prefer safestrap

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Will tgat work on jelly bean or should i root before the update?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Phone will come with Jellybean.. L4 was original.. I'm not sure if latest phones will ship with newer modem bit either it will root & unlock with his method..

Noted 2x~4 beta

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So when you say no IMEI, you mean in the phones about page? Basically, for LTE phones the device takes a combination of the ICCID (SIM Card Number) and IMEI and concatenates them. That's how it gets it's MEID, which is used for network registration. So, if your phone is showing no IMEI then you have corruption down to the chipset level (probably and eprom). It's probably toast. Sorry!

View attachment 63644

I just received my razr maxx back from motorola today, and it is screwed. The network shows as distribution and the imei shows as unknown. All i get when i dial numbers is a busy tone. Anyone know where to start fixing this? Cs at appalachian said id just have to replace the phone. Thanks alot guys. Yall blow. :(

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
So when you say no IMEI, you mean in the phones about page? Basically, for LTE phones the device takes a combination of the ICCID (SIM Card Number) and IMEI and concatenates them. That's how it gets it's MEID, which is used for network registration. So, if your phone is showing no IMEI then you have corruption down to the chipset level (probably and eprom). It's probably toast. Sorry!

View attachment 63644

Yeh i figured it was after a little digging. And yeh it is on the about page. It does show it when i use *#06#, but it has no connection to appalachians 4g network and they show it as completely active. Motorola flashed an image on it and it is now shot. So i am paying out my appalachian contract and just bought a new note 2 from verizon today. I think ill just use my razr maxx to play and flash roms with. I was happy to find out that verizon roms work quite well on appalachian. Now all that time is wasted :(. But at least now ill have the support of droid forums on my new verizon contract :))

On another note, since my note 2 will come with jb, the root method should work. The video i watched on it today was for the 4.1.1 and 4.2.2 i believe. Ill get used to the note and root right after. Any rom recommendations?

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Just an update. Got my note 2. Im in love

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
Im very impressed. Swore off samsung long ago. Theyve made me a liar with this one

OP
newbroot83

newbroot83

Reaction score
You said it. Pretty good roms out there?