Help?

goofycoolguy

Reaction score
Hey i have a D2g and i need to make it normal and de-root to send it back to Verizon to get repairs. i have no clue how to go about this and i didn't make a back up of the original rom. If someone has a tutorial or anything please let me know asap i have to sent it off to get a new one b4 the end of this week b4 our cruise, Thanks -goofycoolguy

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
While you wait for someone with more experience to reply, I sugest google-ing .sbf. I did that on my droid 1 and founo some good instructions. I'm not sure if that works on other models...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Sbf is the only way. Like the poster b4 me said, google" sbf for droid 2 global". The hardest part is making sure you have all the drivers. This will return it to out of the box new. If you have any questions p.m. me I have done it a hundred times.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

ErcDaMerc

Reaction score
And use the .sbf file from peter alfanso's website...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
That would be for D1. Check here.
Good luck with sbf, it's nerve wracking the first time but rest assured, it'll go smoothly after a try or two if you fail. Don't get discouraged if it fails halfway through.

Insidious

Reaction score
It sounds scary but SBF'ing is a breeze. Make sure you have the following programs:
Winzip/winrar
The droid 2 global sbf file (save it somewhere memorable like pictures or downloads)
And RSD Lite 4.8 or up.
Open RSD lite and boot your phone up into the bootloader by holding the up arrow on the keyboard and your power button, plus it into your computer via the usb cable that you charger goes into. Wait for your device to pop up. Hit the ... box next to browse and find the sbf file, select it, hit start and relax for 15 minutes. Once it starts rebooting pull it off the usb, pull the battery boot up into stock recovery, (power x) hit the magnifying glass button on the keyboard, use the volume keys to scroll up and down, the camera key to select, and the power button to go back hit wipe data/factory reset. let it run its course, hit reboot and you are finshed!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums