help with updating

Froggie229

Reaction score
I have droid x 1.13 version.should this automatically be updated to 2.2 or do i have to do something. I check for system updates and it says there are none. Help please

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
If you go into Settings > About Phone, what does your Android version say? If you are on the newest it should say 2.3.3.

OP
F

Froggie229

Reaction score
I have gone.there it says 1.13 and i have tried to update while there and it says there r.no updates. Any ideas?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
+1 to what the princess said

I know ways to get you on the most current but they involve being rooted. So if you are not rooted the best way is going to VZW.

OP
F

Froggie229

Reaction score
Thank you all so much. I am now updated thanks to all of you. I now have another question. I can not access my downloaded ringtones. It only gives me the choice of their ringtones not any of my own. I do appreciate all the input.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
For my ringtones I created 3 separate folders on my SD card. They are named "Ringtones", "Notifications", and "Alarms." After creating them I placed whichever sound files in each I wanted. After that just reboot your phone and then they should be as choices along with the system ones in the selector.