I think I rooted my phone but I am not sure. Need help to stop Jelly Bean update.

droidnewbie11

Reaction score
I am not even sure what Rooting means. I have a Droid Razr Maxx and am operating system 4.04. I believe I rooted my phone after much work. I am not even sure if my phone is in fact rooted however I do have superuser installed. I used

The reason why I didn't want the update was because of PDA NET and the unlimited data. I use it for my only internet. I was told that "rooting" my phone would prevent the JB update from happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaZ0xgItet4

I used this method.

I guess I have a few questions. How do I check and see if my phone is even rooted?

I was told once rooted I would be able to not get the Jelly Bean update. However today on my phone the new system update popped up on my phone. If I didn't click anything it would have automatically updated.

Please help.

OP
D

droidnewbie11

Reaction score
I just downloaded rootchecker. It said my phone has root access. Now how do I prevent the stock update from poping up on my phone. Help please I rely on my phone for internet for work and would be lost without it. I don't have interenet access due to where I work.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I believe you would need an app like Titanium Back-Up and use it to freeze the updater in the phone.

You could have installed the .215 ICS file and not had to root to avoid the update. If you are rooted, might as well update, re-root and using the WiFi hotspot anyways.

OP
D

droidnewbie11

Reaction score
Thanks I am doing it now. I downloaded root explorer and read if you put .bat it will freeze the updater. However on my phone it is worded upgrade not updater.

I also have titanium back up. I have two versions updater 4.0.4-37 and upgrader 1.0.0

If I freeze updater 4.0.4-37 I should not get the pop up I got today correct?

Do I leave the up grader alone?

Finally getting the hang of this thanks allot.

I just got the pop up today and they tried to push it through.