Gingerbread Update?

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
i have a Dorid 2 global and was wondering when or if it will be getting the GB 2.3 update. my phone runs slow and has some other problems and hoping this update would fix the problems. but everytime i check the update it says im up to date. and im only running 2.2 if there is any place else to find it please let me know.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
i didnt get any updates either but i dont expect to use GB. are clearing/wiping cache/data? are u able to free up some internal memory

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
yeah this phone is brand new. my old global didnt work the touch screen went out on it. so this phone is pretty new. and ive tried to even delete the factory apps but i cant get them off the phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah this phone is brand new. my old global didnt work the touch screen went out on it. so this phone is pretty new. and ive tried to even delete the factory apps but i cant get them off the phone.

If you got a new global, and the status bar is blue and not white..your already updated..if you do not want to root, then factory reset your phone and it will smooth out...If its white, or if setting and about phone then system says 2.3 then yep your on gingerbread...if not, you should go to about phone and click on system update....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
no i already know i only have 2.2 and every time i try to update it, it says im up to date. i dont really wanna root i would if i knew how to root. kinda afraid to make my phone a super paper weight. my unlock slide bar moves so slow also and then causes my phone to move slow and i have to restart it.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't want to push you into anything..but if a factory data reset won't help, then I would call verizon and ask why you didn't get an update and explain your issue, because having to reset your phone is terrible and having to load all that info everyday? This will fix the problem usually but I'm stuck on why they did this to you? Maybe they will send you an update? I know most cases the update should be posted in motorolas site..try that then verizons site..if they don't help you..I promise ill get you sorted out..Even if we have to safely get you rooted, or send you a phone that's better...:) peace and keep me posted! If they do not help you, which they should if you hammer them kindly, then I will...

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
So i went to Verizon.com and couldnt find anything about system updates or anything you could do. but i went to Motorola.com and i found an update for System Version 2.4 and android version 2.2 i have both of those all ready installed on my phone. but the things it says it is suppose to do with the update. My phone doesnt do them.. and my notification bar is still white like u had asked before. i read somewhere that they pulled the GB 2.3 for global because of problems and that they where releasing (ice cream sandwich 2.4?) i guess im looking for the update to fix some (basic) problems that i have with the phone or more so customization. i just want the phone to run faster and not leg out and get rid of the wasted/useless factory apps. also i want facebook to update someones profile pic when they change it. and i wanna find an app or something that will let me use the factory set up homescreen but be able to cut the pages from seven down to three. i have no clue if the update or root will help these problems. but hey if there is a better system version why not get it downloaded.
i just feel like my global can do alot more then it is doing now

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok..well, I get off work at seven pm tonight..I will find out what's up..Either we will fix the problem, or make your phone just as mine..instantaneous is that a word? Lol it will be fixed..don't fret..your in good hands! Talk to you later today!...:)

whendrix13

Reaction score
You know what's funny about this??? Nothing! Im having the same fain problem! I called vz, they said their not sure when or if its gonna come out... what makes this even better my speaker in the ear piece blew out for the 3rd time( new on will be here to day) and that one I wanna root, so my friend who's posted above me, if have one question for you..... can you make my "new" one faster?? And root it if you have too???

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what's funny about this??? Nothing! Im having the same fain problem! I called vz, they said their not sure when or if its gonna come out... what makes this even better my speaker in the ear piece blew out for the 3rd time( new on will be here to day) and that one I wanna root, so my friend who's posted above me, if have one question for you..... can you make my "new" one faster?? And root it if you have too???

What would you like to do? Are you wanting to root? What's crazy is my ex wife has a global, and she has the gingerbread update!? Why won't they give it to you? Dang verizon can be a pain at times..but, if your speaker is screwed..I would call and get a replacement...

whendrix13

Reaction score
well driod2Drummer,

ill make it simple.... I want the stupid stock apps( you know the ones NOONE uses) gone, it want it to be faster( if possible) the new software, the GB( i dont use hotmail anyways i have everything forwarded to my gmail acount).pretty much a basic root, nothing fancy persay, but i want to to work... it want it to be user friendly.

As for my speaker....I cal VZ on Monday morning, told em my story, they "tried to fix it" and well they had to send me a new phone... which i got yesterday, and guess what NO GB!!! lol

anyways let me know PM me if you want or reply on here

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
well driod2Drummer,

ill make it simple.... I want the stupid stock apps( you know the ones NOONE uses) gone, it want it to be faster( if possible) the new software, the GB( i dont use hotmail anyways i have everything forwarded to my gmail acount).pretty much a basic root, nothing fancy persay, but i want to to work... it want it to be user friendly.

As for my speaker....I cal VZ on Monday morning, told em my story, they "tried to fix it" and well they had to send me a new phone... which i got yesterday, and guess what NO GB!!! lol

anyways let me know PM me if you want or reply on here

Excuse my french....Those bastids! Lol Ok...Let's start with rooting....We will get you backed up...You are on froyo, so, rooting shouldn't be any sort of hassle whatsoever..from there, we will get you either on leaked gingerbread or whatever "ROM" is doing best for your device...once rooted, we will dowload Rom Manager..bootstrapper and save your system and everything as it is now..(in case the road ahead isn't for you) it will be...prepare for a possible addiction..lol You will own your device and control speeds and custimization for starters....Let's see..let me search to see if I can pm an app to get you rooted, or a program..and worry not...Sbf is my best friend in the event of any issues which, by the way, if you follow my direction, will not happen...:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So...try Z4root...google it and go dl it and reboot first, then try hitting permanent root..it will reboot..if not, reboot again and try, it may take a few attempts, but it should work.....then let me know where you are k?

OP
THISISWISCO

THISISWISCO

Reaction score
I think im going to go to Verizon tomorrow. And if I cant get the update im gonna root mine.