Help with troubleshooting mounting droid

ntrddragn

Reaction score
So here is the deal:
I was able to mount my droid without issue before I had a bright idea of installing win7 (from xp), that didn't work so I reinstalled XP. I updated all my svc pack, drivers and programs. Now I can not mount my droid. The computer does not see it. I even went and install the motorola driver (even though I did not have to before). I looked in the hardware under system and noticed an error for "usb composite device". I uninstalled that hoping when I restart it should recognized it but no luck either. Its not the port because I have other device plugged into to test and they work. I switch usb cable no luck either. I can't mount it on my little brother's computer running win7 either but he can(he has a droid too). I noticed that when I turned the phone off and it is still plugged into the usb port that it actually charging the phone. I also notice that I get the usb on the notification bar of the droid when my computer is booting up but once it is booted it doesn't see it anymore. I'm at my wits end at this point. Here is the kicker, I am able to mount it on my work laptop which is running XP. Any idea?

Btw sorry for the long post but I don't want to leave things out that I have tried. I'm rooted running BB 1.1 OCed if that makes any different. I was able to mount when rooted,OCed and running BB just incase someone was wondering.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when you plug your phone in do you have a notification thst usb is connected.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
obviously it worked before or you would not be rooted. Did this happen right after you rooted.

OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
obviously it worked before or you would not be rooted. Did this happen right after you rooted.

Nope this happen after i tried to install Windows 7 but my computer were not up to specs for it so i had to reinstall XP. After installing XP again no more mounting option or notification. Mind you it mounts on my work's laptop which is running XP so my phone is working correctly. Its just not mounting on my home computer. There must be a driver Im missing but i cant figured it out. I have been trying for three days prior to posting. :mad:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so it is not the droid. Ok I have window 7 and I had to install drivers for windows 7 from the moto site. I know you said you installed the drivers. But if it is not the droid then the only thing that I can think of is the problem is the drivers.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hopefully that helps I gotta bounce I hope you get that resolved

jsroberts

Reaction score
I'm actually having this trouble as well and can't figure it out but I'm using Vista, latest Service pack.

*edit OS

Last edited:
OP
N

ntrddragn

Reaction score
hopefully that helps I gotta bounce I hope you get that resolved

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciated. :) but i just saw Gatewayad's thread and will try it when i get home later. I am hoping it will work otherwise im going to cry. =/ LOL