Droid will not USB mount to carsteruo

philly254

Reaction score
High I have car stereo that is a Phase Linear BT1611i that is equipped with a USB port for reading flash drives for music. When i connect my droid to it, the radio recognizes that a device has been connected to it, but the droid doen't recongize that it has been connect to the the stereo so it never mounts...it doesn't even go into charge mode. Is it not possible to stream music from the droid to a car stereo through USB?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have not heard of anyone being able to mount the usb drive to a car stereo.

jozhua

Reaction score
I have done it with my Sony MEX-BT5700U. I was able to play my music and even see the non-music files on the stereo's browser. Are you getting the prompt to mount on the phone? It might be that you need an iphone capable stereo that allows reading of external devices?

OP
P

philly254

Reaction score
No the phone completely ignores the stereo. I never get the option to mount. My stereo is iphone compatable though, it has an iphone cable and aux jack specifically for iphones. Maybe there is an adapter I can get that will allow me to use the droid with the iphone cable?

BigRalphN

Reaction score
car stereo

Works great with my Kenwood.? Charges, plays and even the remote works. The only thing with the Kenwood is it will only read two directory layers so I. Had to reorganize my files.

potter83

Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic about your issue, but I was wondering how you liked the bluetooth functions of the sony unit you have. Does everything work like it is supposed to as far as music streaming with say pandora or the regular mp3 player? Does it show track info, caller names? I appreciate any answers greatly because it seems to be hard to find info.:)

jozhua

Reaction score
It works well for the most part. No track info on BT streaming but you can skip to next song & pause from the deck itself. I haven't used Pandora but I assume it will work. I stream podcasts from Google Listen and its fine. One flaw I have found with BT streaming is that when you skip to the next song. the 1st .5 second is cut off for some reason(did not have this problem with my blackberry). You also have to wake the phone to get music streaming to pair but the phone call profile pairs automatically. You do get caller names when you receive a call. All in all, it works pretty darn good.

TekHawk

Reaction score
No the phone completely ignores the stereo. I never get the option to mount. My stereo is iphone compatable though, it has an iphone cable and aux jack specifically for iphones. Maybe there is an adapter I can get that will allow me to use the droid with the iphone cable?

sounds like the usb is for charging the phone and the aux is for playing music maybe going to look up the device though

okay nrm that idea do you have a smaller microsd card it says it ipod friendly but not directly iphone from what i saw one guess i would make is that it might not support the large sd cards but your also not seeing the message on the phone which happened to me on a rom before but started working after turning on the usb debug

im still just wanting to find a good way to use bluetooth to connect to my cars stero for music streaming and since its a vw i dont want to change the system out cause of picky eletronics in the car and i like my steering wheel track changer ><

Last edited:

jmartinez06

Reaction score
maybe your stereo sucks.. I have an alpine and it not only connects with ease, but it'll play all of my music off my downloaded files and even pandora...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
maybe your stereo sucks.. I have an alpine and it not only connects with ease, but it'll play all of my music off my downloaded files and even pandora...

What model alpine?

R1Lover

Reaction score
USB mounting works with factory Honda's from what I hear, I have a co worker that does it with his droid.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it not possible to stream music from the droid to a car stereo through USB?
I doubt you'll be able to stream but you should be able to access music on the SD card.

The manual for your headunit does state that they can't guarantee compatibility with all USB devices and that "flash music players take longer to read than other types of USB devices, sometimes 20-30 seconds". Not sure if that applies to the Droid or if something's up with your particular head unit. My Alpine CDA-9886 supports USB but I haven't tried it with my Droid since I have an iPod that lives in the car already.

Last edited: