Help With Rooting Please

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Can someone give me a quick how to on rooting the razr maxx. I've tried motofail or whatever it is and it didn't work for songs reason. I've jail broken before and tried routing some but I'm a dev. Please help so I can put aokp ics Rom on my maxx! Thanks this stuff is confusing as hell

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!!

I took your post and started a thread up for you. I don't know anything about the Razr so hopefully someone will be able to provide you with some links and info to get you on your way.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thank you leftspin!! Helpful as always :biggrin:

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
If you decide to use the Droid Razr Utility be sure you extract the utility to its own folder on your computer's hard drive. Do not try to run the .bat file from the zip folder...it usually will not run correctly. I agree with leftspin...the Razr Utility is probably the best all around utility you can find for the Razr if you want to root, unroot (both ICS and gingerbread) etc.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
It seems to be the best option but even after extracting it from the zip file, it gets hung up. It opens the black window, I hit enter at the any key option, it says it's waiting on the phone and doesn't go any further. Phone is on charge only and debugging is on..... I'll try again tonight but idk

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Phone is on charge only and no I'm on stock 2.3.6 GB

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
I thought stoop but I have the version 5.0.5 or whatever and I believe that's the newest. I've installed them too but Idk if it's really doing anything.... it's annoying cause I've followed utube videos and it works for them but my phone never restarts and accepts the root. Sry I know it's annoying

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Ok so I have latest 5.4.0 drivers and phone is in debugging mode but it still sits on waiting for phone. Sometimes I get the "daemon isn't working. Starting it now successful." But nothing more. How long does it take? Why will it bot find my phone.

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
Ok so i rooted installed safestrap and attempted to flash aokp but it fails to boot the rom just black screen. Any help?

leftspin

Reaction score
Ok so i rooted installed safestrap and attempted to flash aokp but it fails to boot the rom just black screen. Any help?

Explain the steps you took to install Safestrap and the ROM, you may have accidentally missed something or done it wrong

OP
D

d1rtd1ver1

Reaction score
OK update sry got from to work nicely but no 4g. Yes I switched to GSM and back to lte