help with phone memory and moving files

nacho220

Reaction score
This is probably something that is staring me right in the nose, but for some reason I am not seeing it. So I am turning to the folks here to help me out, as they have many times and I am grateful for everyone's help.

I DL'd some photos from a website and I want to use them as wallpaper. However I don't know where to move the files/photos to. I would guess the folder that contains the photos in my Gallery, but I guess those are saved on the phone memory and the File Explorer (I've tried other non-stock file explorers with the same result) only seems to explore the SD card and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to explore whats on the phone memory.

In any case, if that's not what I would do with those pictures please advise, I'd appreciate the help. I created a folder on the SD card named Wallpaper, which in theory I guess would be fine. But when I long press on the home screen, the wallpaper section displays what looks to be saved wallpapers, again on the phones memory. So there must be a wallpapers folder on the phones memory. If there was some way I could point to the SD card wallpaper folder I created that'd be fine, but I don't think that would be possible it seems. Of course an option comes up to pick a wallpaper from the gallery, but now back up to my original question....I don't know how to get access to the files/photos in the gallery from the memory. Hope I am making sense!

Thanks in advance!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd create a folder where your pictures are stored and name it Wallpapers.

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
@Corinacakes thats the plan, but the thing is I cannot seem to find a way to view my phone's memory...just the memory on the SD card, so I can't find where the pictures are stored.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Place them on your sdcard.
Internal memory is for OS and Apps.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@Corinacakes thats the plan, but the thing is I cannot seem to find a way to view my phone's memory...just the memory on the SD card, so I can't find where the pictures are stored.

The gallery will "import" them from your sdcard. Just put them on sdcard like Corinacakes said

OP
nacho220

nacho220

Reaction score
I did all of that, folder named Wallpapers, have the wallpapers in it, but I guess the problem then is why my gallery isn't importing them cause they are no where to be found in my gallery. Hmmmmmpphh.

js0724

Reaction score
Android uses a "media scanner" to import new files into gallery. MOST LIKELY, your problem is that it hasn't run since you added the wallpapers. Rebooting phone or pulling/reinserting card usually force it to rescan. There are also free apps in the market that will do so. Just search for "media scanner". Or you could just wait until your OS gets around to doing so.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk