Help with navigation app

JayR101

Reaction score
I'm a Paramedic and new to smart phones. Loving my Motorola X, but not very competent with it yet.
I work in a rural setting, and am trying to use Navigator app for GPS to some of the hospitals. Only problem is I don't have time to type in or ability to remember all those addresses.
Is there a way to store frequent addresses in the app? I tried the speaking program, but can't take time to correct them when it messes them up.
I could really use your help with this! Please

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I'm a Paramedic and new to smart phones. Loving my Motorola X, but not very competent with it yet.
I work in a rural setting, and am trying to use Navigator app for GPS to some of the hospitals. Only problem is I don't have time to type in or ability to remember all those addresses.
Is there a way to store frequent addresses in the app? I tried the speaking program, but can't take time to correct them when it messes them up.
I could really use your help with this! Please

Put these addresses as contacts in your phone. You can even favorite them for quicker access. When you access the contact, you can press on the address and choose Navigate.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Not only can you add them directly to contacts, you can search for them in the Maps app, and then when the hospital you search for pops up, click the icon on the map for it, and you should see an option to "add to contacts."

So, your workflow could go like this:

Open Maps>Voice Search>_____ _____ Hospital>Click Icon>Add To Contacts

Then, as Mr Freezy Freaky (or Mr Freaky as he prefers Big Red calls him) stated, you can just go into your Contacts app and click on the Maps icon next to the address.

The other benefit to having them in contacts is that when you begin a text search, contacts with addresses will auto-populate in the search suggestions. So a future workflow would look like this:

Open Maps>Start Typing "Mer">"Mercy General Hospital" shows up as a search suggestion with it's address from your Contacts>Click on the search suggestion to bring up the location.

Brandon

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Then, as Mr Freezy Freaky (or Mr Freaky as he prefers Big Red calls him) stated, you can just go into your Contacts app and click on the Maps icon next to the address.

Thank you for your invaluable input in this thread, Mr. Lewis. You are obviously a gentleman and a scholar. LOL :biggrin:

OP
J

JayR101

Reaction score
Thank you thank you!!!!! Amazed at how these phones are changing the way we even survive in life now!

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
Thank you thank you!!!!! Amazed at how these phones are changing the way we even survive in life now!

Glad we can assist you in some small way when you are out there helping others where every second counts.

BTW, you can put a shortcut for each individual contact on your homescreen. That could save you some time instead of searching for a contact.