Help with identifying something on motherboard

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
Can anyone tell me what this is & if it is some kind of switch or jumper?
20211229_000439.jpg

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello welcome to the forum ..I don’t know a thing about motherboards … but good luck with your research ..

OP
M

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
Hello welcome to the forum ..I don’t know a thing about motherboards … but good luck with your research ..
Lol, 😂 well, thank you, I certainly need it.

OP
M

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
I'm trying to find out how to manually reset a Rockchip RK808B by jumper. I can't do it through the android recovery menu.

OP
M

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
It's not a Google FPR issue if that's what you think. I'm getting people in other forums saying they won't tell me because it's a security issue. The thought never crossed my mind that people would think that when I was asking. I can access the recovery menu but the only option in it is to reboot the device. It's a tablet.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw the posts in the other forum. There could be a security issue involved, possibly. But the main point was the post after the post about security: it's probably not going to reset anything even if jumping pins is possible. You might be able to maybe wipe the drive, maybe, but that's not going to load a fresh copy of Android.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

OP
M

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
I saw the posts in the other forum. There could be a security issue involved, possibly. But the main point was the post after the post about security: it's probably not going to reset anything even if jumping pins is possible. You might be able to maybe wipe the drive, maybe, but that's not going to load a fresh copy of Android.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That's fine, I know I'm going to have to wipe it. My issue is that the recovery menu doesn't have the recovery/wipe option. I bought it online & it has an consumer add-on that I don't need. Is there a way to change the boot order to USB first because right now, USB is last by default.

OP
M

MrsAlbright

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S10 Lite
That's fine, I know I'm going to have to wipe it. My issue is that the recovery menu doesn't have the recovery/wipe option. I bought it online & it has an consumer add-on that I don't need. Is there a way to change the boot order to USB first because right now, USB is last by default.
And, you'll prolly see my posts a lot because I'm asking everywhere. I figure the more exposure it gets, the more likely I am to find the info