Access Information from a Motherboard

thovian

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Hello everyone!

Today I found my old Droid Maxx motherboard. A while back, when I switched phones, I completely botched the screen because my heat gun didn't heat up the glass enough to melt the adhesive between the LCD and the Digitizer. Needless to say, the LCD did not survive. So in the process of stripping my phone I copied all the memory off. This was several years ago.

Skip forwards to now, I found the motherboard again. But I've lost the battery so there is no way to get the information off without buying another battery and waiting a few days. I'm not ready to invest that much time in this, but I don't have enough information on the circuitry to find the positive and negative in order to bypass the charging circuit. This is where you lovely peeps come in.

I need to figure out where exactly the circuits are located for me to connect an alternate powersource to to have just enough time to nab my info. The Droid Maxx uses a ribbon battery with, what I can tell, are six pins. But on the back of the board there are four large gold connectors. I'm hoping that two of these are the positive and negatives, but I'm not sure. I don't want to fry this thing. Any help?

Six pin connector port: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Four gold connectors: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Unless you have a good adjustable output DC power supply and a very good understanding of the circuit I think your best all around option is to get a battery to use.

Note 4tified