Droid 4 Ram upgrade!

jmagi

Reaction score
can anyone tell me off-hand what would happen if i took the memory chip out of one droid 4 motherboard and soldered it in connection to the present chip on another droid 4 motherboard?

could i double up my memory in this way?

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
I feel like if you have to ask what would happen, you shouldn't be attempting any custom circuitry work period.

And no, it will not work.

OP
J

jmagi

Reaction score
well it wouldnt be the first time someone said there was no way and i found one. well ok that was maybe far fetched. what i should probably be asking is if i can source a 2gb ram chip of the same architecture to replace the current one with. im pretty sure that would work.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well it wouldnt be the first time someone said there was no way and i found one. well ok that was maybe far fetched. what i should probably be asking is if i can source a 2gb ram chip of the same architecture to replace the current one with. im pretty sure that would work.

lol you have no clue what your doing or the limitatins of a locked bootloader. you are also forgetting about the memory controller and the firmware for that and the maping of it within the android os. just quit it lol

SylenThunder

Reaction score
Just a curiosity but.....
Why does the phone need more RAM? I put all the apps on a 16GB SD and have plenty of RAM for running all of my programs AND having stock and Cyanogen ROM's loaded.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just a curiosity but.....
Why does the phone need more RAM? I put all the apps on a 16GB SD and have plenty of RAM for running all of my programs AND having stock and Cyanogen ROM's loaded.
I guess to multitask more apps at once. My og droid has cm9 on it and it closes apps all the time due to its 256 mb of ram.