Help with GPS issue

danimal00

Reaction score
I just did a google maps update and after my gps doesn't function. I get a blinking GPS symbol, and a "searching for GPS" in the notification pull down. I tried powering off and uninstalling updates, neither worked. Anybody have a suggestion or fix?

Signum

Reaction score
My phone has always taken FOREVER to lock on to the GPS signal. Not sure why that's the case...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
GPS doctor from play store. $2. But well worth it. My GPS now locks in seconds not minutes or longer. Be sure you have a clear sky view when you apply the fix.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

moset

Reaction score
The maps update posted yesterday fixes the compass rotation that got lost after ICS on RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
danimal00

danimal00

Reaction score
fixed

Moset- thanks a ton. gps doctor must have some serious voodoo!

CaGaPeach

Reaction score
I just did a google maps update and after my gps doesn't function. I get a blinking GPS symbol, and a "searching for GPS" in the notification pull down. I tried powering off and uninstalling updates, neither worked. Anybody have a suggestion or fix?

There are other threads of the GPS discussion on this forum and other forums. Google is aware of the problem it seems and is collecting user information on the Google forum "Google Products" Maps. Maps 6.10 did nothing for my Razr Maxx, ICS, and I can't go back to 5.8. Others state a factory reset doesn't fix either and it didn't for me. We're still waiting on Google to fix this mess.

fre1102

Reaction score
Any update on this? I have the exact same problem the OP described. It's maddening.

aarong03

Reaction score
fre1102 said:
Any update on this? I have the exact same problem the OP described. It's maddening.

I just used GPS Doctor and it fixed my GPS issue. It was taking up to 2 minutes to find GPS on clear day. After the GPS Doctor it took maybe 6 secs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

fre1102

Reaction score
I just used GPS Doctor and it fixed my GPS issue. It was taking up to 2 minutes to find GPS on clear day. After the GPS Doctor it took maybe 6 secs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Reading the threads some--is there supposed to be a GPS toggle on my phone somewhere? I've got a wi-fi toggle, an Airplane Mode toggle, and a Bluetooth toggle, but no GPS toggle. My Droid Pro had a GPS toggle, I just assumed it was always on for the Maxx. Am I missing something and maybe I need to turn GPS on?

Thanks.