Help with email

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
All of a sudden when I try to load emails i get a message on bottom of screen that says rey aren't synced?
Never noticed that before. I have 4 emails coming to my phone.
I go to settings and click on sync but after a while when I try to load mail I get same thing?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which email service? Which app?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
I'm using the built in email app on the phone. I have yahoo century link and Gmail accounts. Haven't had an issue until today

OP
T

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
Yes I've done all that. Keep getting same message. Might have to head to Verizon.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you open the Mail app and select menu (three dots) is there an option for "Enable Folder Sync"? If that was accidentally set to Disable Folder Sync you might see the message you are describing.

OP
T

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
Under sync setting it says master sync has been turned off. Where would I change that?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Under sync setting it says master sync has been turned off. Where would I change that?
What phone model? I am not familiar with anything that says "master sync."

OP
T

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
Galaxy s4. When I go to settings and sync I can turn it on and off. But either way I choose still says master sync is off.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not very familiar with Samsung phones and their Mail app, but inside the Mail app are there any settings for enable / disable sync? Or anything similar that would cause the Mail app only to stop syncing?

OP
T

twoboyzmom

Reaction score
Yes. There is a box that says sync email. And it's checked to do so. But underneath it says master sync is off and I have no idea how why or where to change it

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes. There is a box that says sync email. And it's checked to do so. But underneath it says master sync is off and I have no idea how why or where to change it

I'm not sure either. Hopefully someone that is very familiar with the Samsung S series will chime in and help.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to get it figured out. Had I looked at the forum sooner I could have directed you to fix it. I see it happen probably once a week. One of the silliest things Samsung did

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk