Cleaning up Email Apps

ExAQUSN

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a reliable email app for both my wife and myself. We have Comcast accounts. We are both new Moto Driod users. We aren't big into Gmail and the default email app is doing different things on our individual devices. Mine is randomly deleting emails ( I think). At least they are leaving the inbox without any input from me. My wife's gets mail sometimes and then won't get anything for days.

Anyway I am trying out K-9 Mail and it seems to meet our basic needs. My problem is that I don't seem to have turned off the default email account. I did delete it from the accounts and sync screen in settings. So now I get two buckets of incoming mail. How do I turn off the default email accounts, to include gmail, so that I only see what I am getting from K-9?

bje1982

Reaction score
I have been trying to get a reliable email app for both my wife and myself. We have Comcast accounts. We are both new Moto Driod users. We aren't big into Gmail and the default email app is doing different things on our individual devices. Mine is randomly deleting emails ( I think). At least they are leaving the inbox without any input from me. My wife's gets mail sometimes and then won't get anything for days.

Anyway I am trying out K-9 Mail and it seems to meet our basic needs. My problem is that I don't seem to have turned off the default email account. I did delete it from the accounts and sync screen in settings. So now I get two buckets of incoming mail. How do I turn off the default email accounts, to include gmail, so that I only see what I am getting from K-9?

Turn off sync in settings/accounts and sync

erikfig

Reaction score
Menu, Setting, Accounts and Sync,select your gmail account and uncheck "Sync Gmail".

Hope that's help!

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
In the stock email program change the check mail interval to Never for each account and then set it in K-9 for what you want.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

OP
E

ExAQUSN

Reaction score
Thanks to you both. I have done both unsync Gmail and set my comcast account to never....

Will see how it works...

THANKS